The Restaurant Mystery | Teen Ink

The Restaurant Mystery

January 9, 2018
By Anonymous

Setting: Many different tables with couples, spotlight on 4 specific tables, low lights, bathroom exit to stage left
*Before Murder* (all conversations were going on at one time)
Tom: “This place is lovely. Thank you for taking me here.”
Suspect 1: “It’s my pleasure to be here with such a beautiful young woman.”
Tom: “What is this place called, again? I’d love to come back sometime.”
Suspect 1: “Oh, you won’t have to worry about coming back here ever again.”
Tom: “what’s that su-”
Suspect 1: “I have to go to the bathroom.”
Suspect 2: “Barbra, there’s something I have been meaning to ask you.”
Barbra: “What is it honey?”
Suspect 2: “I just wanted to tell you that I-I- I have to go the the bathroom.”
Suspect 3: “How is your pasta?”
Ken: “It has a funny taste, but it is still very delicious.”
Suspect 3: “It doesn’t taste like roofies, does it?” *nervous laugh*
Ken: “Now wh-”
Suspect 3: “Excuse me, I need to use the restroom.”
Suspect 4: “What the f***, Linda?”
Linda: “I’m sorry! I didn’t think you’d come back.”
Suspect 4: “I swear to god I’m going to shoot that son of a- Ugh, just let me take a piss.”
*Gunshot*
The 4 guests that all left their tables, and had been gone around the time of the gunshot had all been gathered in a backroom of the restaurant.
Setting: Backroom of a restaurant, small round table in the middle of the room, 4 chairs, each suspect across from each other, paintings hung up around the room, large circular rug under table, cops enter through main entrance on stage right.
Cop 1: “Do any of you guys have a problem with the victim of the shooting?”
Suspect 4: “That son of a b**** cheated with my wife.”
Suspect 3: “He sold me drugs once or twice, but he screwed me over last night.”
Suspect 1: “That poor man never did anything to me.”
Suspect 2: “Just a childhood bully. Haven’t talked to him since the 7th grade.”
Cop 2: “Can 3 and 4 come with me? 1 and 2 stay here with Officer Mike.”
*Cop 2, Suspect 3 and Suspect 4 leave*
Suspect 1 starts to fidget looking up at the biggest painting on the wall and down at the rug.
Suspect 2 holds a blank stare at his own hands.
Cop 1 evaluates the statements of each suspect.
Cop 1: “So, Suspect 1, you claim that this man has never done anything to you. Is that correct?”
Suspect 1: “Um, Uh, Uh-Yes.”
Cop 1: “Then why do you seem so nervous?”
Suspect 2: “Wouldn’t anyone be on edge if there was a dead body one room over?”
Cop 1: “If you didn’t kill him, how would you know what room he is in? We haven’t released any information.”
Suspect 2: “I don’t know anything about this... I swear.” *Throws hands into air”
Cop 1: “Well now-”
*Gunshot #2*
Cop 1 goes running into 3rd room which has nothing but 2 chairs and a dim light.
Cop 1 finds Cop 2 dead on the floor, bullet wound through chest
Cop 1 looks up at Restaurant Owner
*Gunshot #3*
Cop 1 and Cop 2 lay next to each other on the ground, both dead.
Restaurant Owner: “Finally” *evil grin* “Those sons of B****es are finally dead” *evil laugh*