Teens vs. Zombies - Episode 1 - Pilot | Teen Ink

Teens vs. Zombies - Episode 1 - Pilot

By JeffBiers SILVER, Georgetown , Pennsylvania
JeffBiers SILVER, Georgetown , Pennsylvania

One thing I learned over all the heartbreak, pain, and suffering is that life goes on.

Opening - Pre-Credits

EXT: Day, Sunny. Outside of a high school in PA.

PAN: over school, into a window of a class room

Desks and Chairs lay around the room, Papers are scattered across the floors, and we can tell something happened here.

PAN: Camera scrolls down empty hallways and past classrooms, open lockers, and more.

Eerie music plays in background, we hear grunting sounds

CUT: Behind a back of a person that is shaking

We see a zombie eating a teacher.

CLOSE UP: on the teacher's face

Her face is bloody with cracked glasses; her blank stare into the camera, out of focus the zombie continues to eat her body.

(Sounds of eating and bones crunching)

Fade into:

Opening:

A house is shown with time-lapse shot moving clouds over the house.

We hear the music from Imagine Dragons "Radioactive" as the theme.

Different shots of Zombies, their teeth, guns, bloody knives and a machete. Broken glass.

Kids over look destruction and chaos, into a lab showing some different chemicals.

Trent picks his head up and looks into the camera, so does Izzy and the rest, the camera zaps back between shots.

We see the logo start to appear and after a couple shots from the season the logo comes onto the screen over top the silhouettes of the characters.

Scene 1

INT: Same class as seen before. But everything is normal; kids are sitting in their seats working on classwork.

Cody - Hey, what did you get for number 17?

Brooke - I got. 254

Cody - Thanks, for the life of me I just can't do this.

Hailey - Well school really isn't up your alley is it?

Cody - Just, leave me alone. Like you said I should.

Everett - Are you two ever going to get over this?

Hailey - I will when he stops being a child and accepts the fact I've moved on.

Cody - oh, get over yourself sweetheart.

Hailey - I'm sorry I'm just trying to be like you.

A girl comes in late; she takes a quick look around the classroom.

Izzy - D**n. Did you guys happen to see Trent today?

Everett - He wasn't in gym

Cody - Or in English.

Izzy - Crap, he has my textbook for History and I need it.

Brooke - Here Use mine.

Brooke hands Izzy her textbook.

Izzy - Thank you so much, you're a lifesaver.

Brooke - No problem.

Izzy sits down at her desk and opens the book. Static is heard over the PA system.

Cody - What now...

Principal - Teachers. Lock all your doors and windows of your class, and anyone in the halls get to a class immediately!

The teacher looks at the students and the student’s look at each other, Glass is heard being broken on the PA, and the Principal screams then the PA goes off. All the students go and check their phones.

Brooke - There's something going on...

The teacher runs to the door to lock it.

Teacher - Just stay seated kids.

She goes to close the door but hands come in and grab her, she screams and is pulled into the hallway. The kids get up and back up. Everett grabs a ruler and snaps it in half so there is a pointy edge to it.

Camera zooms on students that are backed into the corner of the classroom, and it switches between the door and the kids and it gets closer and closer to each

The kids are backed up to the wall with Everett wielding the ruler. The door is pulled open and in comes a creature, a mutation of sorts. The other students are screaming and freaking out.

Everett - Back up!!

Cody - Just kill it!!

Right before Everett goes to stab it a blade comes through it's head. The mutation falls revealing Trent with blood sprayed on his face. He wipes it off.

Everett - Trent.

Izzy - Trent!

Trent - Hey guys.

Cody - What the h*** is going on!

Trent - We need to go, now.

They run down the hallway, as they are running there is blood on the ground and parts of bodies throughout the building. Trent leads them out of the school and into a truck that is parked outside.

A couple more mutants are running toward them.

Trent - GET IN NOW!

They get in the truck as Trent slices the head off of both mutants.

He gets in the truck and they speed off.

Camera is inside truck while they are going down the road.

Cody - Okay. Now Trent, tell us what is going on

Trent - Well I really don't know. It was my normal skip day.

Izzy - again.

Trent - Normal, skip, day. And I was taking Reggie outside.

Cut to: Trent outside with his dog

Scene 2

Trent is standing outside while his dog goes to the bathroom.

Trent - Come on dude. I have to get back.

Trent looks up the hill to see a guy walking down the hill toward him.

Trent - What the h***.

Reggie goes running toward him.

Trent - Hey! Reggie!

The guy tries to go after Reggie.

Trent - He won't bite I promise!

He tries to swipe at the dog and pick him up.

Trent - Hey! Get over here!

The dog runs back to Trent and Trent puts him in the house.

Trent - Why would you?

The guy walks closer to him and he sees the fungus and spots all over his face. Then the guy swings at him trying to grab him and bite him. They are entangled as Reggie barks from inside the house.

Trent - Get off me!

Trent kicks him away, the thing falls to the ground and Trent grabs a machete from inside the garage, he threatens the thing with the blade.

Trent - I'm warning you! You need to get to the hospital you're sick.

It tries to get up and it stabs itself by walking right into the blade.

Trent - It's the walking dead.

The thing rushes at him and Trent pulls the machete from it and slices its head off. The head rolls to the ground Trent looks disgusted.

Trent runs in the house, he looks at his phone, which has a bunch of texts reading, "Where are you?" from Izzy, "Help!" from other people. And a bunch of missed calls. He grabs his keys and gets in the truck.

The camera angle is straight on and it switches back to him driving with the rest of the kids.

They pull in his driveway. They go into the house.

Some of them stop when they get into the kitchen.

Brooke - But... what about our parents?

Trent - As far as I know...

He shakes his head and closes his eyes. Some of them start to tear up and cry.

Trent (Cont.) - But listen, it's going to be okay.

They keep crying.

Trent - Hey! It is all going to be fine. We need to sit down and be strong.

Cody - Give us some time. Okay?

Trent - Okay.

The camera pans out the window and blurs into an abandoned warehouse

Scene 3

Nathan - It's my fault, It's my fault, It's my fault, It's my fault.

Another person comes walking down toward Nathan, He sits beside him.

Greg - Why do you have to be such a p**** about it?

Nathan looks away from him.

Nathan- why do we have to go through this?

Greg - This is the only way to make yourself known.

Nathan - I killed so many people... I...

Greg - Changed the world.

Greg stands up.

Nathan - I'm insane...

Greg - Not to me.

Nathan looks at Greg who stands tall and proud.

Nathan - But where do we go from here?

Greg - Part two.

Nathan stands up and walks out of the door to the warehouse with Greg.

The screen fades to black and to Trent's house.

Scene 4

Trent goes to the gun cabinet and gathers the rifles and small pistol. He puts the guns on the ground beside the steps and walks over to his step mom’s bedroom to see if she's in there. She is lying on the bed face down in the pillow dead.

Trent holds back tears and turns away, he walks into his room. Filled with pictures, memories, he looks over at his lizard tank, walks over and looks in; he sees the small lizard sitting on one of the branches.

He rises up and when he does the camera reveals his step mom standing behind him. She goes to attack, he pushes her down and points the gun at her head, and He closes his eyes and slowly pulls the trigger. Everyone in the house moves and the dog starts barking like crazy.

They run up the stairs to see Trent holding his lizard and the gun, which is still pointing at his stepmother's body.

Everett looks at him, Trent seems in shock.

Everett - Trent... are you?

He walks right by him and goes outside. He releases the lizard into the tree. He turns around and sees Izzy, Everett, Cody, and Brooke standing behind him. They walk up to him and hug him. They step back.

Cody - Are you okay?

Trent ignores the question and goes on.

Trent - I remember this one time, we had a small fire pit in the yard, and we were making smores, having a good time. This firework shot up from a neighbors yard. Scared Reggie into a frenzy, we were laughing because he was trying to protect us from a firework that already went off. I've never seen my dad smile as much as he had when he was with her. We were all so happy...

He laughs a little bit

Trent – But…

Pulls a picture out of his pocket and a picture he grabbed from his room

Trent (Cont.)  - It's all gone now.

He burns the picture. He puts it on the ground and lets it burn until the flame goes out. He walks away, the rest follow.

Izzy - I'm going to go back to the house, come on Brooke.

They walk away, and Cody starts to talk.

Cody - So. What happens now?

Trent - I was thinking we could live in this neighborhood together, use the houses around to gather supplies and food.

Everett - Or... the school. There's even better protection, we'd be in even closer connection with one another if something went wrong.

Trent - We need to clean it out, check for survivors, and make sure there are no ways for those things to get in. we need to gather an arsenal and make sure we have escape routes and much more to stay there.

Everett- the houses offer privacy, but so does the school, we can each have our own rooms we can go into individually.

Cody - Or not, depending.

He nudges Everett with a dumb smirk on his face. Trent laughs a little.

Trent - Alright, we will live at the school; use the surrounding neighborhoods as a gathering for food and supplies. We will build up a stock room, a barrier and much more needed things.

Cody - That sounds great.

Everett - Yeah, it does.

They go to walk back to the house, Trent stops.

Trent - Was josh in school today?

Cody - Yeah, but he left early

Everett - Why?

Trent - I have to check his house, see if he's alright.

Cody - Well okay, you do that; I'll get everyone and get them to the school. Coming Everett?

Everett - I'll go with him to give him some back up.

Trent - Thanks man, Cody tell them where we are and we will be back, Just wait to go to the school until we are back, we shouldn't be long.

Cody - Alright. Be careful guys.

Everett - We will.

Scene 5

Trent and Everett go up the hill as Cody goes down to the house. Camera remains on Cody as he walks down the hill, he sees that the door is locked and everyone is looking outside.

Cody - What the h*** is going on?

Izzy - There's a zombie in the front of the house.

Izzy opens the door, and lets Cody in.

Izzy - Where is Trent and Everett?

Cody - They went to see if Josh is alright. Where is it?

Izzy - It's difficult... It's Kayla's dad...

Cody - What...

Kayla is looking out of the window at her. Cody comes up to her and so do a couple others. They pat her on the back and tell her it will all be fine.

CUTAWAY: Trent and Everett walking over the hill.

They walk down the sidewalk.

Everett - So where is his house at?

Trent - Down here on the right

Everett - Oh, okay.

They get to the house, the garage door is open. They go in.

CUTAWAY: The House

Kayla - That's still my father.

Brooke - No, it's not.

Kayla - YES IT IS!

Cody - You can't do anything to save him now.

Kayla - YES I CAN!

She pushes Cody and Brooke away and Brooke falls into the wall. Kayla rushes outside. They try to stop her.

CUTAWAY: Trent and Everett

They walk into the living room and hear a noise up the stairs.

Trent - Stay down here. I don't want to get stuck if one of those things are up there.

Everett - Gotcha.

Trent walks up the stairs.

CUTAWAY: The House

Kayla runs out the front door and Cody runs after her, Kayla grabs onto her dad and Kayla's dad bites her, Cody pulls Kayla away and Her dad goes to attack him.

Izzy runs and grabs a gun from up stairs. She runs outside and Cody is struggling with Kayla's dad as Kayla is lying still on the ground.

CUTAWAY: Trent and Everett

Trent walks into a room, he sees Josh's parents both dead in their bed. He backs out and Josh grabs him, Josh is snarling and growling trying to bite Trent. But Trent pushes him into the wall behind him.

Everett - Trent!

Trent - Help!

He pushes again into the wall and they bounce off too hard and Trent and Josh go rolling down the stairs Everett jumps out of the way as Josh breaks his neck on the stairs and Trent gets his leg stuck in one of the posts, he hurts his leg. They get to the bottom and Trent can barely stand, he hurt his ribs, head, leg, and left arm. He grabs his knife and stabs Josh in the head. Everett comes running over.

Everett - Are you okay?

Trent - Yeah, I mean my head, ribs, arm, and leg hurts, I just killed one of my best friends... I'm totally fine.

Everett - D***.

Trent - Sorry. I didn't mean to say it mean like that.

CUTAWAY: The House

Izzy shoots Kayla's dad and Cody gets up.

Cody - Thanks.... Kayla are you okay?

Kayla is slowly getting up. She turns and we see her face covered in spots and she is now a mutant. She grabs onto Cody.

Izzy shoots her and she falls. Izzy walks up and gives the gun to Cody who smashes her with the butt of the weapon.

They walk back inside while Cody looks at the dead body of his once girlfriend.

CUTAWAY: Trent and Everett

Scene 6

They are walking down the street toward the house, Everett is helping Trent. They get inside and everyone is quiet, then they see Trent.

Izzy - What happened? Are you okay?

Everett - We had an issue.

Cody - So did we...

Trent - What was it?

Alex - Look outside. Look at what these two did to their friend.

Everett and Trent go over and see Kayla's body and smashed head in the yard.

Trent - Oh my god...

Cody - She went after her dad and she got bit.

Everett - That's horrible.

Cody - There was nothing we could do. Alex it's not like I planned it.

Alex - Looked pretty thought out to me.

Izzy - Are you kidding me?

They start full out yelling at each other. Trent gets mad.

Trent - HEY! Listen! Whatever happened. It's in the past. We need to worry about us, now, and how we are going to deal with this issue. The all around issue we are facing. The way my leg is I can't go anywhere unless we find crutches or I'm carried. So. We should stay here for a little bit. I do have a brace upstairs if someone doesn't mind getting it.

Everett - No, I'll go get it.

He goes and gets it brings it to Trent and he puts it on.

Trent - As I was saying... We are survivors now. We have to manage being with one another days on end, looking out for each other. The drama and the bull**** stops. The only way to get back to the way it was before this is if we stay together. If you don't like it go. But we need to stay together, that's how we are going to survive, live, and make it to tomorrow, Together.

Cut to Black.

PAN: Over some guns and some knives

(The Man Comes Around by: Johnny Cash is playing in the background over top of a grinder and sparks flying)

A man is sharpening a knife, but it's just a silhouette of him, in the foreground we see a mask of a skull. The camera keeps panning over to the wall, where we see a bunch of maps with circles and x's on it. There's on X over the house that Trent and the group is in.

Cut to Black.

(To be continued...)

This was a series I was planning on making. I love zombies and the walking dead. So Here is my take on an apocalypse series.