Back to Earth | Teen Ink

Back to Earth

By Guadaaalupe SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Guadaaalupe SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

People on Mars always wonder if another planet has humans or any kind of species. They have been there for almost 100 years. They don't know where they came from but their population is growing every day. Lexa and Jamie are 2 young ladies that were born on Mars. Lexa is 17 and Jamie is 15. Jamie has always been more interested in knowing what else the universe has.
"Don't you ever wonder where we come from?" Jamie asked Lexa.
"What do you mean?" Responded Lexa.
"We know for sure people came to Mars for safety, but we don't know where did they came from"
"You should really focus on more important things than wondering where we came from"
Lexa was so impatient with Jamie, since Jamie was younger than her. Jamie didn't stop wondering and she decided to do an investigation. Jamie knew their parents knew what had happened almost 100 years before but they never liked to talk about it. She just knew that on that strange place where people used to live something terrible had happened.
"Why don't you guys want to tell me what happened?" Asked Jamie.
"What happened in the past must stay in the past sweetie" replied her dad.
One day while their parents were out, Jamie convinced Lexa to go to their parents' room and look for answers.
"We shouldn't be doing this!" Said Lexa.
"Relax; I'm just so curious to know aren't you?"
"Yea, but if they know we'll be in so much trouble"
The girls found some photos of a weird place. They didn't know what it was or what it was called.
"This is where the people used to live" said Jamie.
"How do you know?" Said Lexa.
"I've been doing my research, this is Planet Earth"
"Do you know what ha--?
"Girls what are you doing?" Said their mom.
Lexa and Jamie didn't get in trouble. Their parents had a really cool surprise. For years they had been working with the Space Delta (NASA) and they were returning to Earth. They had send people back to Eartj and it was safe to be there.
"So, that's why you never wanted to talk about it?" Asked Jamie.
"Yes, we wanted to give you guys a surprise" said their dad.
"Now you will know everything that happened almost 100 years ago and you guys will know where our people came from" said their mom.
Lexa, Jamie, their parents and all people on Mars would be returning to Earth. To the place where humans cake from and everyone was so excited. It would be a long journey but they were ready for everything, especially Jamie. Jamie was so happy and excited ñ, she would go to the place that she always wondered about and nothing made her happier than that.