Scientists Develop Interstellar Traveling Technology | Teen Ink

Scientists Develop Interstellar Traveling Technology

By john0405 BRONZE, Madison, Wisconsin
john0405 BRONZE, Madison, Wisconsin

Last week, the scientists at MIT and engineers at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory developed an engine that is capable of exceeding the speed of light and suppressing Einstein’s theory that nothing is faster than the speed of light. Although still in testing stage, the engineers tested this technology in the Mojave desert, far away from public views and other unwanted attention. This new technology uses combustions from plasmas and anti-matter. Although Antimatter is nearly impossible to store and is very dangerous to create, the engineers at MIT developed a cheap and efficient way to store the Anti-Matter by using a magnetic discharging container, which discharges all the energy from the Anti-Matter. This development, in the process, also caused a breakthrough in clean energy development as it gives off an unlimited power source. The creation of this amount of antimatter, on the other hand, is every expensive. Even with the newly developed technology, it would cost around 24 billion US dollars to create 1 gram of Antimatter, in which you would need at least 500 kg of Antimatter to get to the nearest star. However, the bright side of the breakthrough in this technology caused a worldwide investment in this program. The spaceship, on the other hand, has a very distinct design aside from the previous models that only traveled to planets in our star. This new space ship contains huge sails in which uses the sun’s solar radiation and other star’s radiation to propel the solar sail. This new specification will allow the ship to conserve on the expensive fuel while propelling at a very high speed (depending on the distance from a star and the amount of solar radiation). The ship itself will be made out of a mix of Bromium and Neordium Carbonate. These rare elements must be extracted from the core of the moon and brought back to earth to be refined which will be a very costly procedure. However this mix is the strongest and the lightest material known to man and is also known to withstand high and low temperatures, suiting the purpose. This revolutionary technology indefinitely will set a new era of the human race and progress our existence throughout the universe.