Showdown | Teen Ink

Showdown

By teadragons GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
teadragons GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

Fiona strode into the arena, gripping a golden staff with a skull perched on its tip in her hand. Large, grand robes adorned her hazelnut skin. Her gaze flicked lazily to her opponent, analyzing his physique. He was a domineering, brawny man and was busy suplexing a boulder to the cheers of the crowd.
She rolled her eyes. What a show-off.
“Alright everyone, settle down now. The final round will begin in one minute.” The announcer’s voice boomed into the microphone, echoing in the vast area. The crowd quieted quickly, eager to see what would happen next. A petite girl with an intricate cloak and a staff was matched against a stocky man that could easily snap her neck. People were curious to see who would make the first move.
“Your giant blanket won’t make running any easier for you, girlie,” the man taunted, cracking his knuckles.
Fiona was unfazed. “Why would I need to run?” She slammed her staff into the ground, the earth rumbling beneath their feet. An ominous roar emanated through the air, chilling the spectators to the bone. Underneath her, the ground split apart as easily as a knife through butter.
What a shame, she thought. They barely know the limits of my power.
She waved the scepter in the air and an undead dragon rose from the ground, its stormy eyes trained on the man. Strings of flesh hung from the creature’s limbs and ivory bone was exposed in some areas. The man was suddenly silent, staring in awe at the beast like the crowd below.
Fiona only said one word. “Eliminate.”

on Jan. 15 2016 at 7:10 am
EmmaMayWang GOLD, Pelham, Alabama

"It is art, and art only, that reveals us to ourselves."
- Oscar Wilde

The Daleks from Doctor Who.

WindRunner GOLD, Troy, Michigan

For those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will fly on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I need more information.

on Jan. 14 2016 at 6:29 am
EmmaMayWang GOLD, Pelham, Alabama

- Oscar Wilde

Haha Fiona reminds me of the Daleks: "EXTERMINATE."