Mind, Origin, and Soul | Teen Ink

Mind, Origin, and Soul

By Jeonish SILVER, Hemet, California
Jeonish SILVER, Hemet, California

Have you ever felt like you weren’t yourself, like you were in someone else’s skin playing their part? Well you’d be right, so good job. Of course you don’t know you’re right and you just ignore the feeling, but you should trust your thoughts, they’re the only thing that are yours. I’m writing this so that you might become aware, whoever you are at this moment, because right now the cycle is chaos. This flipping of hosts is why there is war, and conflict, and cheating, and stealing, and all the other bad things. You see, each time your mind leaves the body it was just in, and fuses to a new one, the pain causes it to forget the process. This pain is not like the pain you and I feel daily, but it’s similar. Everything doesn’t go away, it’s just deep deep inside the folds of the ‘host’s’ immediate memory, which overpowers your weakened mind. Maybe if you had more time you would be able to recall all the lives you’ve lived, like I have. I was insurmountably lucky, and might be the only one who has a chance to break the cycle.

What happened to me, was chance and completely unlikely to ever recur. So here’s my story. I was switched into someone in a coma, which wasn’t unusual, but I did remember things quicker than I would’ve in a conscious person. Normally, switching the next day would’ve reset me like normal, but when I did switch the next day, it was into a new person who too was in a coma. This time I didn’t have to begin remembering my origin from nothing, I had more of a basis to begin on, because the day before I was able to protect some small memories, name, age, and stuff like that, and I actually made progress in realizing my alien presence. I still didn’t know much, just that something was odd. The next day luck had it so I entered another person in a coma, and the two days that followed, each time I remembered more and more of our world and the way things work, before this cycle began. Since I remembered my life, I also remembered how to protect my mind. Sort of like armor, I put important parts of my mind in compartments so they wouldn’t be repressed as I left, which I would do one more time before finding my origin.

The speed with which the minds switch is quicker than can be observed. For example my host’s eyes were closed by someone else and then I opened them to finish the blink. Everyone’s mind searches for it’s origin, it’s drawn to it in the no amount of time the minds revolve. Often it finds it, but then leaves inevitably. I didn’t ever have to leave again, my mind was protected by myself through self awareness and I could remember what it was that the rest of the world couldn’t.

For hundreds and hundreds of years the same minds have been cycling through the people of the world, never dieing like the hosts they possessed. All of the bodies on Earth died sooner or later, and so a mind would be left without an origin, or original body, for different amounts of time, driving them mad, a mind without an origin to strive to get back to had no purpose, no understanding, and would become hateful and bitter. This would continue until it’s origin was reborn, not the same origin as which it first came, and often looking nothing like the first origin, but the same soul which resided in the first origin picks a new host that has similar attributes to said origin. So origin, soul, and mind all would reconnect inside the unborn origin. After birth, the mind is ripped away and is replaced like everyone else in the cycle. The mind gets replaced but thinks that the life they live in the new person that day is the one that they’ve always lived and has no idea it’s memories it has at the surface aren’t it’s own.

The mind that reconnects with it’s origin before birth doesn’t forget it’s bitter and hateful moments prior to reuniting and holds onto it with fury. As it undergoes the first switch from it’s new origin it takes all the hate with it and releases it into whoever fuses with it, through the pain and the melding the anger is passed on, and then the mind has no recollection of ever being angry. This hate doesn’t go noticed by the host and is carelessly released in daily life through a fight or angry event of that day. This passing of anger only becomes a problem when it takes a long time for a mind’s origin and soul to make form, because the longer that takes the more spite and loathing is generated by the mind, which isn’t released the day of the first switch, but rather stored and creates an evil beast. This evil isn’t shown often, most trinities reconnect rather quickly, but when it does take long spans of time, the worst poisons the host, and every mind after it takes a little hate with it as it goes, but never making the host any less evil. An example of this is Hitler, he is undoubtedly the result of a mind who was disconnected from soul and origin for longer than normal, causing the mind’s first switch, Hitler, to release the hate into him, and he carries it to do the horrible things he did. Every mind that came after the one that made Hitler who he was, was then made angry as it left just because it was being consumed by so much hatred, and gets transferred into other people, not nearly with the same kind of anger passed from an evil first switch, but it did make things bad for the people around that mind that day.

Now that I know this, and have the memories of what’s going on, it’s up to me to stop the cycle from continuing. I have to release the minds from the cycle so there can be peace. I, Mr. Dover, have to fight the course of nature.