Keeping Angels: The Decent | Teen Ink

Keeping Angels: The Decent

By Kay.Avanti BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia
Kay.Avanti BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia

"I couldn't reach the top so I reached for the bottom. Then I realized the top IS the bottom. So I did the next best thing; I went forward (But then realized I was going backwards)"-By Unknown (Pretty sure I'm the unknown but it's hard to know)

“What are you?” She asked, not bothering to cover her shock.
“Stupid human,” he said, “I’m an angel.”

Azazel

What was he? He was an angel. A fallen angel, banished from him home in heaven. But was it too much to ask for them to banish somewhere away from the stupid, annoying humans? Of course it was too much! That's why they sent him through the roof of one. That was exactly what he needed.

Talel

She was spending the entire summer with her aunt in California. It was more than any teen could ask for. But Talel didn't ask for that. All she wants it so be alone so that she could write her stories. But instead of peace and quiet she got a giant man-bird crashing through her roof. Summer was starting to look up

Chapter 1: There's An Angel In My Living Room

“What a sad life you have,” Talel said to herself as she digged into the bag pulling up and handful of chocolate covered pretzels. She popped one in her mouth and started munching.
It was a sad life when your parents left you with your irresponsible aunt for the whole summer while they go suntanning in the Bahamas.
“‘Go to Cali with your aunt,’ they said, ‘You’ll have fun,’ they said,” she muttered to herself as she ate another pretzel.
Much fun she was having sitting on her borrowed bed typing and making up random stories on her computer. It was a Friday and almost night time and her aunt still wasn’t home. She likely wasn’t coming back either. At least, not until Sunday. That meant Talel had an entire beach house to herself on a Friday night and what was she do? Browsing Fictionpress. Any teen would be jumping roofs trying to throw the most rockin’ party of summer, but for Talel that would be too much. And the cleaning afterwards? No thank you.
Anyways, she had no friends. She’d been California for three weeks and she had yet to be outside. Not that she planned to go out anyways. She doesn’t know why she brought a suit case. It wasn't as if she needed clothes. Just pjs and something to wear when pjs were washing.
There was a load crash in the hallways then downstairs. Sounded like something fell through the ceiling and second story floor.
“What the heck?” She closed her laptop and placed it on the night stand. She slipped on her orange bunny slippers and went the hallway. And she was right; something did fall through the roof and floor.
“Holy Roman balls,” she said. She looked up at the hole in the roof and then the one on the floor. Whatever the came crashing in there landed on the coach on the first floor. It might have be a huge bird because she say feathers. She ran to her aunt’s room to get the baseball bat from the closet. She wasn’t going down there unarmed. She left the room and went downstairs.

...

Two seconds ago if you told her that cute boys with wings were real she would have laughed at you and told you that not even cute boys existed. Much less ones with wings. But, just like all crazies who’ve been in her shoes, there he was. The question was what he was.
His eyelids opened to reveal hazel golden eyes. Dark brown hair fell into them.
“Who the hell are you?” He asked. Talel raised the baseball bat and brought it down on his head. He quickly stood up, grabbing his head, to an impressive 6’2” height. Taller than her 5’7”. He glared down at her. His wings, beautiful dark brown with light brown, blonde and white highlights, loomed with a dangerously, almost touching the walls of the room.
“Why d’ya do that?” He all but shouted at her. He winced then grabbed his side, blood slowly making its way down. He sat back down on the demolished coach. Talel stared at him wide-eyed.
She fainted.

...
Talel opened her eyes. She sat up. There was still a hole in the roof but no signs of a cute winged boy.
Angel he had said. Talel rolled her eyes. She had just imagined it. But then she saw it. She bent and picked it up.
“A feather…” She whispered. There was a trail of them leading to and up the stairs.
An angel…
She followed the trail.
She kept going until it finally it stopped in front of her room. She took a deep breath and opened the door. And there he stood. Wings and all.
Plus he had no shirt on. With her bra in his hand.
He looked at the bra then at her.
“What. The. Hell. Are. You. Doing. With. That?” She asked, teeth clenched. He glared at her but the red in his cheeks softened that effect.
“I was looking for a shirt,” he said.
“Does that look like a shirt to you?” She asked. She stormed over and snatched the bra away.
They stood in an awkward silence. Talel didn’t know what to say. It wasn’t everyday she had boys, angels at that, in her room touching her underthings. That past a whole new tier of strange.
“Are you my guardian angel?” She asked suddenly. Why else would he be here?
The boy snorted and rolled his eyes.
“Hell no,” he said. He said it in such a rude tone.
“Then why aren’t you in heaven? Did they kick you out? Cause I would kick,” she said. That must have hit a nerve because he flinched. He quickly recovered and glared down at her.
“Shut up,” he said. She rolled her eyes.
“Get out,” she said. Angel or no she didn’t feel comfortable with a male anything in her room. The angel stood there.
“But I don’t have a shirt,” he said. Talel’s eyes traveled over his finely chiseled chest.
Like he was sculpted by the Greeks, she thought. The angel raised an eyebrow as if he could read her mind.
“Are you done drooling? I need a shirt,” he said, “Unless you want me like this. I have no problem with this.” He ran a hand mockingly down his chest. Talel went red.
“Out!” She yelled as she pointed to the door.
This is all just a dream, this is all just a dream, she thought to herself. Cute, snarky angels? Falling through the roofs? This was nothing but a dream. She decided to humor it.
“Shirt,” he replied. She stomped past him to the closet and grabbed a sweatshirt that was too large for her. She tossed it to him. He caught it and put it on. It was a tad bit short.
There was another awkward silence.
“Do you have a bigger shirt?” He asked. Talel glared at him and pointed to the door.
“No. Out. Now,” she said. He glared at her but walked towards the door. One of his wings touched her. She giggled. He gave her a look. A look you would give a person trying to catch imaginary butterflies.
“What?” He asked. She pointed to his wing.
“They tickle,” she said. He gave her the same look before leaving out. Talel followed after. She almost bumped into the angel. He suddenly stopped.
“Did I do that?” He asked, pointing to the giant hole in the floor. She looked at the hole then at him. He looked back at her. She put a hand on her chin
“Yeah, as a matter of fact, you did. Rather loudly might I add.”
He blushed several shades of red.
“Can I fix it for you?” He asked. Talel giggled. And then she broke out into a full-blown laugh. She imagined him holding a hammer, his utility belt wrapped around his waist.
“What?” She tried to explain the whole hammer and utility belt thing but he ended up giving her the imaginary butterfly look.
“I’m serious,” he said when she finished laughing.
“As am I,” she said, working up a giggle again.
“Listen,” he said, giving her an irritated look, “I’m just-” he was interrupted by a loud crash.Another part of the roof broke and in came a person with wings. Not actually a person. He, or she, was a green color, four eyes and no nose. They had two mouths and one ear. It opened both of it’s mouth showing rows of sharp teeth and saliva. A purple tongue slivered out.
Talel screamed and scrambled backwards.
“What the hell is that,” she screamed. The angel didn’t move. Instead he said one word.
“Nephilim”
The Nephilim attacked.

Chapter Notes:

Not really sure about this story. I like it but... Anywho sorry for any typos and mistakes. Love you all!

I starting writing this piece after wikipidia-ing "demons". I kept reading, and reading and one thing lead to another and here I am, with Keeping Angels

Preferences

Preferences

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

on Oct. 12 2014 at 10:51 pm
creativewriter144108 SILVER, Keizer, Oregon

Bam-What??!!

Halarious love it!