Phil: The Super Super Hero | Teen Ink

Phil: The Super Super Hero

April 20, 2014
By JoseGonzalezCastro BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois
JoseGonzalezCastro BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Phil: The Super Super Hero
The town of Chicago full of beautiful skyscrapers,amazing views, and fortunately the super superhero Phil. Phil, otherwise known as, the fantastic most-awesome superhero of all time. With his mighty flying power he flies over the city to make sure its safe, with his super strength he helps pedestrians move their broken down vehicles, and with his mighty speed he gets anywhere he wants within seconds. He can do it all. Chicago has been well, no crimes, no deaths, not even economic downturns, that is until a week ago when the most villainous villain of all time moved in, otherwise known as Flash.

Flash is a mad scientist who has been known to create the most horrible creatures with his incredible intelligence. About a month ago he destroyed Idaho with two mega fire blowing dragons. This was horrendous, but atleast it was Idaho, so no one really cared. Anyways, the news reporter says that today he is going to be unleashing two even bigger dragons here in Chicago, which would be no problem, except that Phil is nowhere to be found!! This has to be the worst news in the history of Chicago. The news reporter announced today that he is officially missing! No one has any idea of where Phil could be, especially in this disastrous time.Its been reported that Flash will be unleashing the dragons at 5:00 pm. Its 2:00 pm right now, so Chicago only has three more hours before everyone evaporates.The police and basically every person in town is looking for him. Everyone is slowly becoming frantic knowing that Phil is the only one who can save the town. There are many speculations as to what happened to the mighty Phil. Some suggest that he decided it was time to give up crime fighting for good, while others just believe that he wasnt enough of a super hero to stick around. I think something even more disturbing is going on, I believe that Dr. Flash has something to do with this. He’s been trying to take down Phil throughout his stay in Chicago,and I fear that he might be closer to defeating him that what everyone else thinks!

The clock is ticking 2:01, 2:01 and five seconds, 2:01 and ten seconds. What are we all going to do? Seeing no other outlet, I decided to go out and look for Phil. Sure being only five feet tall and one-hundred pounds I might be underestimated, but I sure wasn't going to give up that easily. I walk out into the frantic streets of Chicago, everyone seems to be yelling and going crazy. I try to collect myself and think of where he could be. Thoughts rush into my head making me sort of dizzy. I’m almost sure Flash has something to do with the disappearance of Phil. I try and think of where he could have been kidnapped. The Library!! No one would ever think of going to check there!! And as easy as that I was off to The Library. The path to the Library was a tough one. Cars even started driving on the sidewalks.

“GET OUT OF MY WAY!!” shouted a man from his car, “IF I’M GOING TO DIE ITS GOING TO BE AT HOME!!” he said while honking his horn.
Chicago was no longer the windy city, instead it turned into hysteria-city. I decided to run the last four blocks to avoid any more encounters with crazy car drivers.

I opened the door and it was as if I went straight into a desert. There seemed to be no one around for miles and miles, or rows and rows. “PHIL!!!!, Are you in here?” I shouted. No response. I walked deeper into the Library, fearing any evil-like books would pop out and hit me. I checked everywhere, but I couldn't seem to find Phil. I started walking towards the exit, when I suddenly heard a small moving noise behind me. I turned, nervous at first fearing that there might be a rat following me. I stopped and looked deeper down row 12. Are those feet? I ask myself. I slowly got closer to the feet from row 12. Once I reached them, I saw the entire body of super hero Phil. He was wrapped up in rope and his feet had been tied together. I couldn't believe my eyes. I took of the tape over his mouth. “I found you Phil, I found you!!” I jumped up in joy not believing my eyes. I couldn't believe the fact that out of all people I was the one to have found him. I looked at him with the biggest smile on my face.

My moment of happiness came to an altering halt when he said, “Alright kid, I’m really happy you found me, but I need to go and save a city!”

“Ohh right,” I answered quickly untightening the ropes.
I looked at the watch it was 4:55 pm.

“Oh no Mighty Phil, you only have five minutes, I’m sorry I found you so late.’

“Don’t worry buddy, thats more than enough time!!”
And just like that Mighty Phil left my sight. “Go and save Chicago, Phil, go and save Chicago!!”


Knowing that all would be safe I returned to the comfort of my home. I turned on the TV and watched the news. “Mighty Phil, has done it again!!” boasts the News Reporter. “How’d you do it this time, Phil?”

“Well theres one special person who helped me out, whom I will always be thankful for!!”
A that moment my doorbell rings. I run to the door and open it. I look down and see a package saying “THANK YOU” in bold letters. From the moment I saw it I knew it was from Phil. “Thank-you mighty Phil, thank you, “ I whisper.


The author's comments:
This is a pretty creative story that was just written for fun.