The Calling | Teen Ink

The Calling

March 28, 2014
By izzy_0314 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
izzy_0314 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
Real bands save fans, real fans save bands. -Michael Clifford


I walked throughout the forest, the trees standing tall and hiding me from the sun. The dim light had created an environment that was both mysterious and beautiful. I glanced around, taking in my surroundings when I heard a faint voice somewhere in the distance. The voice was saying something, but I couldn’t quite make out what it was saying. I followed the voice, stepping over branches and rocks as quietly as possible as I did not want to lose the sound. I walked for several minutes, the sound of the voice gradually getting louder as I got closer to the source. As I got closer to the sound, I picked out some words that the voice was saying. “Time… it’s time… so close,”. These words confused me, for I did not know the meaning of them, however I continued on, my curiousity filling my entire being.

A few minutes had passed and I had not heard a sound that was unnatural to the woods. The voice was gone, almost as if it had disappeared out of thin air. I surveyed the forest around me and found a pond through a break in the trees. It was unnaturally bright, the clear water a mystical sight in the dark of the forest. I walked closer to further observe it and found myself completely mystified by such a simple thing. My feet were close to the water when I heard the voice again, this time it was clear as day. “I’m over here,” the voice uttered. I looked for the source but I could not find a person anywhere near this pond. I took a step and felt the water on my bare feet. I thought nothing of it at first until my body was pulled away from the trees towards the center of the water. My body made contact with the rocks at the bottom of the pond and was dragged across them by an unknown creature. I screamed for help as I was being pulled, but I was quickly surrounded by water on all sides, my desperate shouts being lost from the rest of the world. I thrashed around trying to get away from whatever was trying to drown me but it was no use, the creature was just too strong. I felt my body start to fail inside of me as my lack of air was starting to take its toll. The dim light of the forest was getting smaller and smaller as I was dragged down into the unknown depths of the peculiar pond. It was pitch black when I hit what felt like rocks at the bottom of this perplexing body of water. I felt drowsy and my eyesight was being littered by black spots. These spots danced across my vision and grew bigger until my body officially failed. The last thing I felt was the odd pressure on my ankle that had brought me to my end.

I awoke, startled by the previous events that had just occurred in my dreams. I quickly turned and saw the familiar posters taped up on the brightly painted walls. I saw sunlight breaking through the curtains hung by the windows. I fell back onto my pillow, taking a deep breath of relief. “It was only a dream,” I told myself. “It was only a dream”.