Disease | Teen Ink

Disease

April 25, 2013
By Purlfluff GOLD, Colfax, California
Purlfluff GOLD, Colfax, California
17 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream.
-John Lennon


A wall that is what separated the world. A disease, that is all it took, all it took to separate the world. Though the disease was deadly, but not so bad that they needed to separate themselves from everybody. This is the world James lives in. A world that's the size of a small town and the population of 2000.
This was the world that James lives in and he hated it, he despised it, every waking minute of it. He knew he could not go out thought, if he went out, he would surely die. The question is though. Which one is worse, waiting to die, or going outside to live but then die.
The question confuses James every day, James knows the walls will break someday, people have started to notice them, banging on the wall screaming to let them in, and our response is to shoot them all down. James hates it, we have gone down to the level of monsters, killing our own race, not letting them in.
He ultimately realized realized suicide was the only way to escape. It was harder than it looked though, guns were banned. So he constructed an idea, he was going to attack the guard. He saw a random guard and he punched it.The guard opened fire. James calmed as ever bullet went through him as he fell to the ground and closed his eyes to die.