The Giant's Witch | Teen Ink

The Giant's Witch

October 29, 2012
By papage329 SILVER, Windsor, Connecticut
papage329 SILVER, Windsor, Connecticut
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
A single spore holds such grim power that you may die within the hour- The Grim Grotto

scio me nihil scire or scio me nescire (I know one thing, that I know nothing) -Socrates


“Who are you and why have you captured me?” I demanded. I had just woken up to lying on a hard forest floor and I was already missing the giant. “Captured you?” he replied, “I thought I was saving you.”. “Listen, do I look like a damsel in distress to you?” I asked. “Well… ummm… yeah!” the fool stupidly answered. I sighed. “Ok so bring me back and I can arrange to have you paid” Idiot, I should turn him into a frog for this. “Sorry, but no.” the idiot replied. “Ok then you leave me no other choice.” And I spoke the words that would change him into a frog. “Ego praeter rana” Unfortunately the spell must have gone wrong because next thing I knew a frog fell out of the sky onto my head knocking me down, and that stupid guy was still there, smiling down at me.


I got up “Ok, if you can’t be turned into a frog at least take me back to the castle” “Fine,” he said “oh and the name is Tristan, what’s yours?” “Jay, now take me back!” “Ok, ok we’re going, and on the way you have to tell me why you were there in the first place.”


“So the story starts like this: a few months ago a giant stormed into my village and started stealing sheep, my sister, Joan, was tending them and he took her too. We all tried to stop him but he couldn’t be reasoned with, until finally I told him that he could take me in return for her. So that’s why I was there and now I’m afraid that he’ll start looking for my sister now that I’m gone.” My eyes started to tear up. “Oh so you’re a slave!” he cried. “No, I’m the giants witch!”