We: The Last | Teen Ink

We: The Last

September 30, 2012
By ShadowWraith BRONZE, Eagle Mountain, Utah
ShadowWraith BRONZE, Eagle Mountain, Utah
2 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and sit back and let the world wonder how the heck you did it.


It was depressing, looking out upon the wasteland before me. I had read books and seen movies depicting the future. Flying cars, time machines, tridimensional-whatchamacallits. But that was a fantasy. This was reality. An eternally burning, radioactive minefield of rock, hot, twisted metal, and more rock. Not a true living thing for thousands of miles. The humans had destroyed themselves. I sat at the remains of a once tall building. I was on the edge of a maze of broken skyscrapers, lifted concrete, crashed planes, bombshells, and bones. That was where We lived. That is, if you could call it living. We were only half alive. We were simply, We. that is what we called ourselves.


The author's comments:
I wrote this based off of a conversation I had ith a friend of mine. We were talking about how, essentially, humans were destroying themselves. That's what inspired me to write this story. It isn't done yet, but if I get good feedback, I will write the rest.