The choice is clear | Teen Ink

The choice is clear

By musiclover97 GOLD, Elkins, West Virginia
musiclover97 GOLD, Elkins, West Virginia

"Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew."
"Writing is art to the blind, music to the deaf, comfort to the broken, and emotions to the expressionless."

I was 25. During emergency surgery, I lost too much blood and died. As i was literally sucked from my lifeless body, I watched the doctor's countless attempts to revive me but all had failed. I went to heaven, which I'm not even going to try to explain. I thought of all of the things I was planning to ask God but the answers were already there. God took me on a walk through a meadow. There were little white butterflies dancing everywhere. All around us, i could see events relevant to my life that were happening on earth. There was no sense of time in heaven. However, many days had passed on earth. My friends and family were at my funeral. Surprisingly, I didn't know the majority of the people. On the wall behind my casket people were writing there's names and how I changed there life. There were hundreds. I started to read a couple. Almost all of them were patients of mine. I was a doctor. But to my surprise, not a medical doctor. I was a psychiatrist. I was shocked. I backed up a little bit to see all the people again. There were hundreds. No thousands. They lined several city blocks with candles waiting for their chance to say goodbye. God stopped the vision and said "Look at all of the people you could've touched if you would've followed my plan. But instead this is what you chose." We started walking again. He showed me another vision. I was a millionaire. I had everything I'd ever wanted. I accomplished my dream job, I had my dream house and my dream car. I was a successful writer. I looked closer. The vision took place at the reading of my will. I didn't have a a husband, kids, a family. My parents were gone. I was alone. The next scene was my funeral. There were about 20 people there. How could I have been happy? I wasn't. But this was life I chose.