Let Me Fall | Teen Ink

Let Me Fall

By fignewton527 SILVER, West Chester, Pennsylvania
fignewton527 SILVER, West Chester, Pennsylvania

The melody is like seeing someone for the first time. The physical attraction. Sex. But then, as you get to know them that's the lyrics. Their story. Who they are underneath. Its the combination of the two that makes it magical. - Sophie Fisher

Welcome back to Heaven. Did you enjoy your trip to Hell?
“I like the flames.” he gazed down, ”They burned with a purpose.”
“You are correct. But different purposes serve them as we do not see the same ones.”
”The flames spoke to me with such a passion." he kept talking as if Father had never spoke. "They called to me. Longed for me. No more shall I endure this misery. Perfection is not the answer for every question. I am going back to Earth. I will not return here.”
“Very well.” Father said while pacing across the room. He looked down on the world. “I always had hope in you. It is not a mistake, you leaving. I made you human for a reason. You can think unlike the others.”
“I know Father.”
“As you know, you cannot return here. Never again a part of this place.” He hesitated. “Leave now son. I shall be looking after you as if you were still here.”
“Very well Father. Farewell.”
“Farewell my son.”
He jumped and landed in a dream; floating once again high above the sky.

on Jul. 30 2011 at 9:00 am
pill.happy.adventure PLATINUM, Manchester, New Hampshire
Very creative and different!! :)

It's all good!

on Jul. 9 2011 at 11:46 am
__horizon133 PLATINUM, Portage, Michigan

"laugh, and the world laughs with you. laugh hysterically, and for no apparent reason, and they will leave you alone." anonymous

oops that was supposed to be a reply...he he. sorry :p

on Jul. 9 2011 at 11:45 am

cool! neither am i, actualy. but its better when the author lets the reader decide, to some degree. :)

In my mind, yes. But I wrote this sort of interpretive because I'm not very religious haha :P

rather surreal...i like it though. is the son in the story Jesus?

My apologies for the &quotes in there :) Just a small typo I suppose