A Dreamer's Dream | Teen Ink

A Dreamer's Dream

By edgeofnight BRONZE, Buenos Aires, Other
edgeofnight BRONZE, Buenos Aires, Other

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”

A myriad of glimmering bubbles of all forms and colours fills the empty space above the trees and buildings, flowing around in a slow daze. They carry within them the needs and desires of the people, binding them to one another as they reveal their bare souls, to help and protect, to listen and advice, to love and be loved. They are the essence of the most intimate nature of their projectors, voiced once, and only once, in their lives. Such is the magic of these hope bubbles. They seek the one person in this wide world who has the missing answer to the riddle held in their midst.

He walks through the streets, shoulders hunched, head low, hands in his pockets. He stops and sits on a bench. Looking around, he clasps his hands close to his mouth. He knows not what he whispers. Whether it be a wish, a dream, or a simple thought, he allows his troubles to pour out. When he is done he opens his hands, slowly, carefully, as if caressing a newborn babe. It reveals a pulsating ball of icy fire, slowly trickling its way up into the sky to meet its sisters. As he looks up at the twister of colours in the sky, a smile spreads from his lips to his eyes to his arms and body, and he feels a flutter in his chest he recognizes as hope.

She goes through life living, waiting, hoping, for that message to arrive. She does not know whose it is nor why will it come to her, but she knows for certain that that particular sign will come to her, and only her. When she feels it, she knows it is what she has been waiting for. A sphere of twirling energy in its midst, suspended in thin air just in front of her. As if on cue, it moves towards her as she opens her arms to embrace it. With new knowledge set deep in her bones, she lets her instincts lead her on, never hesitating as she turns corners, and crosses through the autumn parks. Nothing will deter her now from reaching her newfound destiny.

Feet halt, eyes meet and hands touch. A relationship blossoms, nurtured by the certainty of trust and confidence, by their mutual care and tenderness. Secrets are exchanged and confidences gained as each day brings new laughter and joy to their company. And finally, when the day comes and his old heart comes to a stop closes his eyes, the young girl wearing black closes his eyes gently and sheds a tear for the man who taught her how to look at the world without seeing.

Frazzled said...
ohh this is lovely, really liked the  descriptions, its like u leave a lot to the readers imagination, but then not so much xx