My Unbelievable Experience | Teen Ink

My Unbelievable Experience

By GenesisC BRONZE, San Pedro, California
GenesisC BRONZE, San Pedro, California

A Saturday morning blossomed. I walked into my room, picking up the mess I made on Friday. As I cleaned, I heard a loud crash. It came from a close distance. I stood there in shock for about a minute. I decided to go check where the noise came from, so I opened the door. A very bright light shone towards me. A spaceship appeared. I started walking towards the spaceship. As I walked closer, I noticed that it seemed like a cream color. I went inside and walked around it, and I found a big red button.

I immediately became very curious and pushed the button. As soon as I pressed the button, the doors closed and the spaceship started moving. I just stood there, not knowing what to do. I started hating myself for pressing the buttons. As the spaceship began moving, I imagined sitting on a roller coaster. It made me get a feeling in my stomach that I had never felt before.

As the spaceship landed, I stood up, walked towards the door, and opened it. It seemed like a different world, and I became very confused. I stepped out as the floor felt hard and soft. It felt very cold. I started getting goosebumps. I began looking around and saw plants I had never known existed before.

In the distance, I noticed a creature. It looked very different from anything I have ever seen before. a medium-sized creature that looked like a wolf with human feet and hands. The fur looked like an ocean. The creature had these light brown eyes with a tint of blue on them. It stood up and walked like a human; it communicated like one too. It appeared very weird and surprising to me. It looked like something I had never seen before.

The creature, surprisingly, seemed very friendly. I asked for his name, and he told me, “Alkenstin.”  He was one of the kindest people I met. I was skeptical at first, but as I got to know him more, he was better than regular humans. 

Alkenstin immediately started showing me around the new planet. As it showed me around, the creature told me how a ball of heat appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the planet and how many of the creatures began dying.

I told him, “I’m so sorry for what happened to the creature.”  I just felt very sad, knowing how he felt. I put myself in his shoes, and I thought about how my loved ones were the ones dying. I knew I had to do something about it. As I was about to offer, Alkenstin beat me to it.

Alkenstin asked if I could help save them, and I kindly asked, “Why me? Out of everyone?"  Alkenstin began to explain to me that because of my pain tolerance and ability to deal with heat. I felt honored that he believed that I could help save his creatures.

It wasn’t a very easy thing to do to try to get rid of the heat ball that is 70 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s a fairly large ball of heat; it’s the size of a soccer ball. I started looking around the planet, looking at what I could use. I found about five squished water bottles laying around. I walked towards a tree where I found a bunch of rusty leaves thrown on the ground, and as I looked up, I found a clear bucket.

I started by adding about three water bottles to the bucket. I picked up as many leaves as possible and wrapped them around my hands. I started walking back to where the heat ball sat. I slowly went towards the heat ball and carefully picked it up. When I finally picked it up fully, I felt a slight burning in my hands. I started placing it in the bucket. The two water bottles I saved came in handy as I poured them on my hands. I acknowledged success, and the heat ball disappeared.

Alkenstin thanked me for saving their other creatures. I was so grateful that I could save all the creatures left. He reached behind his back as he pulled out a small bag. Alkenstin handed it over to me as an appreciation gift for helping. I grabbed the bag and started reaching to open it as Alkenstin said, “STOP.” “Wait until you get home.”  I said,"Okay, I will wait.”

I spent about two days on the planet, and the day came when I had to return home. I said "Bye, Alkenstin," and he said “Thank you once again.” I started walking towards the spaceship. As I went inside, the door closed, and I walked towards a seat. I pressed the button, and, as the spaceship began moving, I opened the gift. To my surprise, I saw a gift with $5,000 on it. I felt very shocked and didn't know how to react since I never received a large amount of money. The spaceship landed, and I walked back home.

This was something that I had to do for my creative writing where i have to write a non fiction story.