The Princess of the Ferdomes | Teen Ink

The Princess of the Ferdomes

By Kamie GOLD, White House, Texas
Kamie GOLD, White House, Texas
18 articles 1 photo 1 comment

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"- Eleanor Roosevelt
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"-Eleanor Roosevelt
"Never interrupt someone doing something you said couldn't be done"- Amelia Earhart

On January 1st, 2000, at exactly 12 o’clock in the morning, a special baby girl was born to a woman named Grace Willer. Grace named her child Jasmine Willer. As soon as Jasmine was able to walk, Grace put decided to put her in gymnastics, karate, and judo.

When Jasmine was 5, she was a black belt in karate, a national champion gymnast and a red belt in judo. Jasmine, now sixteen, is the undefeated world champion in gymnastics, karate, and judo. Jasmine has jet black hair, perfectly tan skin, lips as pink and vibrant as tourmaline, the gem, and eyes as blue as aquamarine. Jasmine is the exact image of her mother.

Jasmine decided to wear a navy blue dress with black tights and heeled black boots to go meet her friends at the mall when suddenly a strange man appeared out of nowhere! He had light brown hair, pale skin, and dark blue eyes. As soon as the strange man appeared out of nowhere, he collapsed to the ground. Grace rushed toward him and shouted, “Jason! Are you alright?! Jasmine get some warm water, a washcloth, and some hydrogen peroxide!........ Now Jasmine!”

With that, Jasmine rushed off to get the things her mother asked for. When Jasmine got back to her mother and the stranger, her mother had already put the man on the couch. Jasmine sat down beside her mother and started to really freak out when her mother said, “Jasmine, please calm down, I can explain everything. This man’s name is Jason Willer. He is the king of a magical race of beings called the ferdomes and he is also your father.” Jasmine just sat there silently next to her mother and unconscious father, as her mother explained the situation.

Two hours later, Jason woke up to find Grace asleep on the floor, next to the couch. Jasmine asked her father, “Uh… Jason?…” Jason said, “You can call me dad or father. Whatever makes you comfortable.” Jasmine smiled slightly and said, “I think I’ll go with dad, if that’s okay with you.” Jason smiled and said, “I think that’s perfect. So, what is it that you wanted to ask me?”

Jasmine hesitated then said, “I was wondering where have you been for the last sixteen years of my life? How come you never came to see us or send us anything? Mom wouldn’t talk about you whenever I asked so I always thought you were dead. I mean, whenever I tried to talk about you, mom would always get this sad look in her eye. That’s why I always thought you were dead.”

As soon as Jasmine got done talking, Grace woke up and smiled at Jason. Jasmine had never seen her mother smile like that! Grace sat up and asked, “Jason, not that I’m not happy to see you, but why are you here? I thought we agreed you would meet Jasmine on her 18th birthday.” Jason, still tired and weak, sat up and said, “We did agree on her 18th birthday but her power is much stronger than I could have ever  imagined or anticipated.

Grace, you and Jasmine are in great danger here because of her unchecked power. Jasmine, I know this will be difficult for you to believe, but you are a from a magical race of beings called ferdomes. A ferdome is a magical creature made of pure energy. My name is Jason Willer, your father, and I are king of the ferdomes. Jasmine, since you are my daughter that makes you the princess of the ferdomes. You have incredible magical powers and with your powers you can change all worlds!” Jason waited for Jasmine to answer.

Jasmine responded by giggling and saying, “This is a joke, right? There are some hidden cameras around the house? What reality show am I on? There is no such thing as magic or magical creatures or other worlds!” Jason said, “Jasmine, I know this a lot for you to take in but it’s all true. You can’t tell me you haven’t been experiencing unnatural of unexplainable things happen to you, can you? It was your powers manifesting. You don’t know how to control your powers or even how your powers will manifest.

By staying here with your mother, you’re putting her life and your own in danger because of your untrained power’s. We must move you and your mother to a safe location where no one can find you.There is a rebellion in the Ferdome Kingdom and they can sense your power because of your heart.” Jasmine said, “My… My… Heart? What does my heart have to do with anything?”

Jason replied by saying, “The love in your heart determines your power. The more love you have in your heart, the stronger your power. Jasmine, you have the biggest heart I’ve ever seen. You have so much love in your heart that I could sense it when you were just 5 years old! At 5, you had the kind of power a full ferdome elder should possess. Now, at the age of 16, your power is so great that I don’t even know what to compare it to.”

Jasmine said, “Well, I don’t want this power! Can’t you take it away? I just want to be a normal girl! I want to want to hang with my friends, learn about life, make mistakes, and fall in love!” Jason said, “Well, there is one item that might contain your extreme amount of power but due to the unfortunate turn of events I am unable to get to it.” Jasmine said, “What is this mysterious item? And where is its location? I can go track it down and then bring it back so you can remove this… This… This curse.”

Grace said, “Jasmine, think about what you would be doing. This magic is just as much a part of you as your own heart. I know are you a little confused and maybe even scared right now but that is no reason to throw away or abandon who, or what, you truly are.”

Jasmine, after carefully thinking about what her mom just told her and on the brink of tears, said, “I know, mom, but I just want to be normal again. I can’t handle this craziness!” Grace said, “Jasmine, I know you want to be normal but you were never normal to begin with! You are special! Please! Listen to your father!”

While Jasmine was thinking more about what her father said, a portal opened up in front of the family and a young man stepped out of it. The young man that stepped out of the portal bowed to the family. The young man, who looked about 17 years old, said, “King Jason, I am General Matthew Williams from your royal guard, and I am here to protect you.” General Williams had hazel brown hair with turquoise eyes and a perfectly muscular body.

Jason said, “Thank you, general, but right now I need you to protect these two young ladies.I would like to introduce my wife, Grace Willer, and my daughter, Jasmine Willer. I got married here on Earth sixteen years ago to this beautiful and kind human woman. We had a child less than a year later. For the protection of our precious daughter, we decided that Jasmine would be raised by her mother, here on Earth.” Matthew looked at the family, then realized the beauty of Jasmine and was completely mesmerized. Matthew said, “I will protect them with my life, Your Majesty.” Jason said, “I’m going to hold you to that statement, general!”

Jasmine said, “Dad, this object you said that might be able to contain my power, where is it?” Jason said, “It is in the Devil’s Mouth. The journey, itself, is extremely dangerous. Let alone the destination. The object you seek is a silver brick-like box known as The Devil’s Secret. The decision is your to make but if you do choose to take your powers, you must prick your finger so that your royal blood shows.

Then you must say ‘By the blood of the royals, take my heart and soul and leave me my humanity.’ While the object is removing your powers, your blood will boil and it will feel like your heart is getting torn in two but you must keep your hand on the box until all the pain is gone. It will be extremely painful but it should contain your powers, which are still developing as we speak.”

Grace said, “Well, if it’s that dangerous, Jasmine needs someone with her to protect her! I will not let my baby girl do this on her own. Jasmine said, “Really, mom? I am the undefeated world champion in gymnastics, karate, and judo. I don’t need someone to protect me.” Jason said, “Your mother is right, Jasmine! We will not let you go alone.”

Grace turned to face the young General and asked, “General, will you escort her to the Devil’s Secret?” General Williams said, “It would be an honor, ma’am.” Jewel said, “Sorry to disappoint you, general, but I don’t need a babysitter.” General Williams said, “Instead of looking at me like a babysitter, why don't you think of me as a traveling companion?” Jasmine reluctantly agreed to have General Williams accompany her to the Devil's Mouth just to put her mother’s mind at ease.

Jason said, “Jasmine, you need to pack what you need for the journey. It will not be a long one. Pack for a few days, a week at best. Meanwhile, general, I would like to talk to you in private… If you don’t mind?” Matthew said, “Of course, Your Majesty!” Jasmine went into her room to pack and Grace followed to help her.

When Jasmine and Grace were out of earshot, Jason confronted Matthew, “I don’t know who you are or what your game is, young man, but I know all my soldiers.. And you aren’t one of them! So I want to know who are, why you followed me, and where you got a general’s uniform? I know you are not a general because I personally give all my soldiers their uniforms and that uniform belongs to my good personal friend, General Willis Snow.”

Matthew said, “I am sorry for deceiving you but after you left the castle, it was attacked! All of the soldiers present at the time of the attack fought back but the rebels killed all of them and then threw all the generals in the dungeons! My real name is Will Snow and my father gave me his uniform and sent me to find you! Said to give you this if you didn’t believe my story…”

Will took a sealed envelope out of his pocket and handed it to Jason. Jason hesitantly accepted and read the unopened letter from his friend’s son. Jason said, “Well, I am sorry to hear about your father but I swear to free the entire Ferdome Kingdom and I always keep my word.”

Just as Jason and Will finished talking, Grace entered the living room. Jason asked, “Where’s Jasmine? I have something to tell you both something about the general’s son!” Grace said, “Jasmine will be out in just a minute. She’s just getting changed. She thought her current outfit was not right for an adventure into a magical jungle… Wait, did you say general’s son?” Then Jasmine came out of her room wearing a pair of light blue jean shorts, a thin and flowy baby blue tank-top, and a pair of short beige combat boots.

Jason said, “Grace, Jasmine, this young man is not a general…” Jasmine blurted out, “If he is not a general, then who is he and why did he lie?” Jason said, “I think Will should explain everything since it is his story.” Will repeated his story for Grace and Jasmine to hear. They listened and understood why Will did what he did. After Will was done with his story, Jason said that it was time for Will and Jasmine to leave.

After Jasmine said goodbye to her parents, her father opened a portal to a clearing in the enchanted jungle and said, “This is as close as I can get you. You will have to go the rest on foot. Good luck and please be careful.” Then Jasmine and Will stepped through the portal and started their adventure to the Devil’s Secret. Once Jasmine and Will were gone, Jason closed the portal.

Not even a minute later, a new portal opened and three ferdome rebels, two guys and a girl, attacked Jason and Grace. Jason, who  was too worried about protecting Grace, was caught off guard by the girl rebel. She knocked out Jason and tied him up. Grace rushed to his side to make sure he was okay. A different rebel was about to knock Grace out too but the third rebel, who looked like their leader, said, “No, she is just human. She is not the power we feel but she might be able to tell us who is. My name is Justin Thorne, cooperate and we promise not to harm you.” Grace said, “Do your worst but you aren’t getting any information out of me so you might as well kill me!”

The leader, Justin, pointed at Jason and said, “How about we kill King Jason, there? Would that make you talk?” Grace took a deep breath and said, as calmly as she could, “I don’t know this man so why would killing him make any difference to me?” Justin glared at Grace, slapped her so hard she fell to the floor, then turned to his men and said, “Bridget, Cedric, search this place, top to bottom. Find anything to use against this human woman.”

The rebels searched the house until they found a very interesting picture! It was a very happy picture of Jason in a hospital room, with his hand on Grace’s shoulder, as she was holding a sleeping baby girl! Justin flips over the picture and reads, aloud, the writing on the back of it: “Jason, Grace, and Jasmine Willer; January 1st, 2000”. Justin asks, “You still want to say you don’t know this man?”, as he shows Grace the picture.

Justin turns towards his two rebel followers and announces,” It seems King Jason’s treachery knows no bounds! He and this human woman had conceived a child together! A half-human, half-ferdome princess! Find me more pictures of this Jasmine Willer!” The rebels turned the house upside down, searching for more information about Jasmine!

The rebels found Jasmine’s room almost immediately! Justin looked around the room, found a picture of Jasmine taken the day before, and thought, “This is the ferdome princess Jasmine Willer? She is the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen but she is my enemy! We must capture her alive!” Justin turned to Bridget and Cedric and said, “Tie up Mrs. Willer, then bring her and King Jason through the portal.” Cedric asked, “Just what are planning to do, Justin?” Justin smirked and said, as innocently and sarcastically as possible, “Whatever do you mean, my dear friend? We are just going to reunite the dear little princess with her precious parents.” Bridget and Cedric smirked and did as they were told. As Cedric and Bridget went to work, Justin wrote a note saying:

Dear innocent little Princess

If you ever want to see your precious parents again then come to the Ferdome Royal Castle. Come alone and unarmed.

Rebel Leader