Monasea | Teen Ink

Monasea

By greentea3664 PLATINUM, Dublin 4, Other
greentea3664 PLATINUM, Dublin 4, Other

If you closed your eyes one day and woke up in a jungle, what would your initial reaction be? Don’t like it? Well how about this: if you closed your eyes and woke in a world where, on the surface everything is the same, but something feels basely wrong, corrupt about it. Just lurking below the surface, tantalising you, daring you to come and find it. And when you found out what that thing was, because of course, you would be destined to find it, you wished that you never had. Don’t like that either? Well, though luck, welcome to Monasea. Here, no one can tell lies. Here, there is no filter between thoughts and words. Whatever you think, you say. Everyone is that way. Those who do close their eyes and wake up here end up like that as well. In my eyes, those people are to be pitied. Everything they know must be flipped upside down in order to become normal. And then, there is truth. Truth is a powerful weapon, and when it is unconditionally told, always, without choice, these Newcomers become terrified. Terrified to face the truth about the world, terrified to face the truth about the people around them, but most of all, terrified to face the stark reality about themselves. Oh, one more thing. Once you enter Monasea, whether you were born there or you are a Newcomer, there is no going back. Truth becomes all you know how to live for. And lots don’t. All set? Well, welcome to Monasea, Newcomer. You say you didn’t’ know you are a Newcomer? You’ll get used to it. They all say they didn’t know at the start. Then they scream it. Then they forgot. But you’ll love it. You’ll see.