Gratitude in an Embrace | Teen Ink

Gratitude in an Embrace

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

The ocean never hesitated as it swept forward to kiss the sandy shore. It was long, but hasty, as it pulled back into itself. But fearless, as it continued throughout the day to meet its forbidden lover. The ocean was wanted by many, but taken by none. It looked on, seeing the possibilities throughout all, but only waited for one.

The ocean had patience, that much was true. But it clung desperately to the hope of someday being reunited with its only true love, the shore.

The ocean was neither man, nor woman, but rather a being of complete awe. Stuck in the form of cold waves and harsh storms all year long. Its lover, however, was female and the mother of all creation. Bold, radiant, and eager to be with her other half once more.

And it wept, not tears of sadness, but tears of gratitude. It was given a chance to be with the one, be with the one who could make her smile.

And every day, as the ocean crept on to the sandy shore, the lovers rejoiced in their passionate embrace.

thank you very much

Sunni55 said...
Beautiful..