Between the Chaos and Devotion | Teen Ink

Between the Chaos and Devotion

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

I wasn't the only one feeling this. My heart pounded painfully as I questioned myself, questioned my sanity. Maybe the chaos building within me was a sign of my darkest desires, spilling out from the cracks, deep within the pits of my soul.

He was the pure reincarnation of chaos, of the darkness within light. He captured my attention with just the slightest grace in his movement. He could have fooled me for a saint, really, by his tall posture and angelic looks.

But I knew him, and he knew me, and we knew what was to become of this moment.

My devotion to do right, and my love for the light seemed weak compared to his shadow. It was a heavy blanket on top of me, but even as I struggled, I found myself more tangled within it. But a part of me, a very dark lascivious part of me gasped and tilted back, displaying want and need.

He was a poison, a drug. My devotion lead me to do the worst of things, but I found him highly hard to deny. Even with all I knew, I could not win over this. I wanted this, this pain and this desire he gave me.

And there would be Hell to pay, I knew this too.

For my actions would be judged at the end of the road, by the eyes of God.

on Aug. 27 2015 at 12:48 pm

Thank you!

on Jan. 21 2015 at 12:11 pm
Anastasia.Z BRONZE, West Newton, Pennsylvania

Life is like quicksand. The more we struggle, the more we drown in it. -Keanu Reeves

Wow, this was fabulous. And I love the picture you chose. It worked well with it. Great job, I truly enjoy reading your work.

on Nov. 25 2014 at 12:00 pm

Thank you so much!

on Nov. 18 2014 at 7:00 pm
BeautyWhispers PLATINUM, Nevada City, California

Be Yourself, Be Unique, Be Me. :) - By BeautyWhispers

I like it a lot, keep up the great work! ;)