Between the Chaos and Devotion | Teen Ink

Between the Chaos and Devotion

November 10, 2014
By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
92 articles 0 photos 88 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."


I wasn't the only one feeling this. My heart pounded painfully as I questioned myself, questioned my sanity. Maybe the chaos building within me was a sign of my darkest desires, spilling out from the cracks, deep within the pits of my soul.

He was the pure reincarnation of chaos, of the darkness within light. He captured my attention with just the slightest grace in his movement. He could have fooled me for a saint, really, by his tall posture and angelic looks.

But I knew him, and he knew me, and we knew what was to become of this moment.

My devotion to do right, and my love for the light seemed weak compared to his shadow. It was a heavy blanket on top of me, but even as I struggled, I found myself more tangled within it. But a part of me, a very dark lascivious part of me gasped and tilted back, displaying want and need.

He was a poison, a drug. My devotion lead me to do the worst of things, but I found him highly hard to deny. Even with all I knew, I could not win over this. I wanted this, this pain and this desire he gave me.

And there would be Hell to pay, I knew this too.

For my actions would be judged at the end of the road, by the eyes of God.