I Wish, I Love | Teen Ink

I Wish, I Love

July 27, 2014
By ElsinorRavenwood PLATINUM, Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Other
ElsinorRavenwood PLATINUM, Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Other
20 articles 7 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In Spain there was Guernica! But here, there was only hot swing music and liquor, dance halls, ban and movies, and sex that hung in the gloomlike a chandelier and flooded the world with brief, deceptive rainbows." ~Tom Wingfield, The Glass Menagerie


I wish she could read my mind.
I am in love with her.
I wish she could see how much I love her.
I wish she could see that I love her.
I want to tell her, but I can't.
I love everything about her.
I love the way she steals things and hides them, but always gives them back.
I love the way she laughs at me when she gives back my pencils and said she's had them for the past half hour.
I love the way she says it's okay for me to cry.
I love the way she swears.
I love the way she smiles for stupid reasons.
I love the fact that she never wears make-up.
I love the fact that her favourite shoes are her Keds.
I love the way she lies to me and then cries and tells me the truth later.
I love the way she pretends she's not from Earth.
To me, she doesn't feel like she's terrestrial. She's too amazing for Earth.
I wish I could tell her all those things.
I wish I could steal her favourite coat and put love notes in it the way she says she wants guys to.
I wish I could meet all her ridiculous standards.
I wish I could convince her that sandwiches aren't evil.
I wish I could make her see herself the way I see her so she would never be sad again.
I wish she would listen to me.
I wish I hadn't stolen her coat and put a piece of paper saying "I love you." in it.
I wish I could have seen her face when she read it.
I wish I could have said something better than "Yeah," when she said she knew the note was from me.
I wish she had said something better than "Okay."
I wish I could have held her hand longer after she said she loved me too.


The author's comments:
This is how I want my love to be, but from the perspective of my admirer.