Just A Dream | Teen Ink

Just A Dream

May 3, 2013
By Silverness SILVER, Logan, Ohio
Silverness SILVER, Logan, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

I had a dream last night and Caleb was in it. The dream started out with me sitting in a coffee shop, the clock on the wall read 7:45p.m. I have no clue why I was at a coffee shop so late at night. Anyways I was sitting in a booth on the right side of the shop, facing away from the door and looking out the window. There were three booths and I was in the middle one, the booths were red and the tables were glass but the looked like dark oak wood. To the right was the parking lot which I could see through the window. There was a yellow mustang, two ford trucks, and a little gray car in the parking lot. To the left of me were square table with two or four chairs each and they matched the booth with the wood design for the tables and the chairs were wood with red seat cushions. Behind me was one booth and the front door, across from the front door was the counter. This little shop sold coffee, tea, hot chocolate, pastries, donuts, and many other things. In front of me there were two girl in the next booth quietly talking to each other. Across from me a man was sitting at one of the table, the chair across form him vacant, just hacking away on his computer. At another table is a girl reading a newspaper, she looks about my age. We are both in our early twenty's about twenty-two or twenty-three, which is about five years in the future. American Honey by Lady Antebellum was playing and I was just sitting there drinking hot chocolate. A convertible, black, can whipping into the parking lot, then a group of five guys, who all looked to be either juniors or seniors in high school, stepped out. I thought “I remember when I was that age.” A bell on the door rang when they walked in, the person behind the counter was ready to serve them. They all ordered something and sat down at a table together, one boy took a chair from another table so he could sit with his friends. All of them were chatting amongst themselves and I was watching them and taking notes in the notebook I had with me. The reason I was taking note was because I was working on an article for the local newspaper I happened to be working for. Undo It by Carrie Underwood played, followed by Satisfied by Jewel. Obviously the dinner had on a country station, I just sat there and sipped my hot chocolate while listening to the music. I felt tears come to my eyes and I quickly wiped them away. The song reminded me of the person I lost because I waited too long to tell them I loved them. I sat there and starred out the window, it was raining outside. A truck pulled up it was dirty but the dirt was turning into mud because of the rain. There was a man in a coat and a cowboy hat that was driving the truck, he got out and as he headed towards the door I looked away so he would not see me watching him. I didn't know him and he did not know me, plus I did not want to creep him out. Need You Now by Lady Antebellum came on, after the second line of the song I heard the bell ring. I knew it was the guy in the cowboy hat that I was watching. The coffee shop was quiet and I could hear the man order, I recognized his voice, “It couldn't be” I though. Turning around in the booth I wanted to get a better look at him, he was getting money out of his wallet. He looked up and I got a glance of his face, I turner around quickly and looked out the window, it was still raining. My heart was beating really fast “Caleb” I wispered under my breath. “No, no, no it can't be him, I'll just keep starring out the window and he won't notice me” I thought. I heard footstep approaching and then they stopped “oh good, he found a seat” I thought then I hear him say my name with a questioning tone, I responded in the same way. “Caleb?” “Hey” “Hey, what are you doing here?” “Um” “Do you want to sit down?” “Yah, sure that would be nice” he slid into the booth across from me and sipped his drink. Then he spoke “i was just in town and I usually come here for coffee.” I glanced at the clock, “You're drinking coffee at ten till eight at night?” I asked. “Yah, I guess I am. I just really wanted a coffee. What are you doing here?” “Oh, um...I, nothing really, just research.” Caleb looked confused,“In a coffee shop?” he asked. “Yah I am a journalist now” He looked out the window “Cool, do you still like the rain?” he asked. Stupid question I thought, then I replied with a simple “yah.” “You want to take a walk?” I looked at his face but it seemed expressionless. I though to myself “Don't you've never gotten over him, you have somewhere else to be, anywhere else to be but here.” I looked at him again and his eyes met mine and he gave me a shy smile. The two things I always fell for his eyes and his smile. “Sure, I'd like that” I found myself saying. We walk to the door “you're going to get wet” I told him “Wow, just wow” “Don't wow me Caleb” “Just did” he replied and I laughed and we left. Once in his truck we drove silently to the park, one there we got out and just walked and talked, walked and talked, walked and talked, walked and talked, walked and talked, you get the picture. Who know what we talked about, we talked for hours but it only felt like minutes and I did not want it to end. Back in his truck it was almost eleven now and he asked if I wanted to grab a late night bite. I told him of a place near my house (I was living in a small house in town) where we could go to eat. We pulled into the parking lot, I looked at the clock it was eleven eleven. I closed my eyes and made a wish. When I opened my eyes he was looking at me “eleven eleven” I said he nodded for he understood. After we go inside and sat down I said to Caleb “I can't do this” I ran out the door and all the way home. I was sitting of the sofa when I hear my name followed by a question “What's wrong?” It was Caleb, he walked in and sat down on the sofa across from me. I started explaining EVERYTHING. From when I first saw him, and the fact that I liked him. When I said I didn't like him I was playing hard to get and how I though that he that was when he stopped thinking I liked him. Caleb put his hand on my knee and listened as I continued. I told him about how I though I would lose him, how I fell for him, his eyes, his accent, then he looked into my eyes as I kept rambling on and on, and then he kissed me. The dream was amazing and vivid, it seemed so real.