You're not alone. | Teen Ink

You're not alone.

By Kimbless BRONZE, Tilehurst, Other
Kimbless BRONZE, Tilehurst, Other

Its not a mistake, its called growing as a person.

The thing about let go is that you head wants too, it let goes of all the memories, the smiles and the words that were said between you but your heart is a very stubborn organ. If it meant the world to it, if it ever causes it pain but then made it glow and beat faster and stronger than ever then that memory will never go because your heart just won't let it.
People get hurt to make them stronger but when you're the one that has got hurt you just want to cry and scream because to you, your broken and alone so being strong hasn't even crossed your mind. You sit there on your bed thinking of everything that had happened, the 'what if' question just circles your brain and you hate yourself for what could have been. You see them happy, laughing and moving on like nothing had happened and question how is it so easy for them? How have them made it out of it with a smile on their face so you try in front of everyone but behind those closed doors everything is let out?
You cry, oh gosh you cry and you've left no toilet roll for the following day. You scream, you throat hurts after a evening workout. You think, you put the exam to shame because of how hard you think. You lose sleep, how could you sleep knowing they are fine? You just sit there, you feel like nothing has gone your way and just feel numb. You get up and see everyone day after day with a smile on your face, you have to show them you are getting on with it.
The reason I know this is because its happened to me too, just like it's happened to you. Life knocks us all down at some point but that doesn't make us weak but strong. We let people see us for who we are and that is how we grow as people. You will get through, you have to because that love you felt needs to be returned and it will, I promise you. People say there are plenty more fish in the sea but we don't want fish, some of us don't want love but we all want happiness and you, my friend, will get it.
Please don't cry when you read this and remember the times when you were with them, when you were skipping down the road, hand in hand acting like idiots. Or when you stayed up until early hours of the morning for no other reason but to make the other smile both them fell asleep because they were your training, training of what is to come. When the finally test comes, this pain will be nothing but a bitter-sweet memory, please believe me.
For every tear that fell, a smile will be placed on that face. For every sleepless night, you will get hours of joy and for every time you felt weak, someone will be there to hold you. You will get your happy ending but what about the in-between?
You will feel empty, I'm not going to lie to you but the thing is, this is your time! You're not alone, don't be silly. Do you remember all those people asking you if you are okay when you were crying? All those people that gave you a shy smile when you had a frown? They are there for you because they love you, think about it. You pushed everyone away, you shut everyone out but they fought against your wall and they are still there because you are not alone, you never will be.
But please be careful when you are down, this is the time when people can hurt you and get to you. They will call you names to get inside your head, they will be there for you but tell everyone your pain but be true to who you are. Do not change because they don't like you the way you are, only change if you, in your heart, want to. Changing for others just shows them that they have pain over you, don't give it to them, don't let them hurt you.
Well, what I am trying to say is never feel like you can't get back up because there is always a hand held out for you to take, a shoulder to cry on or someone to love. The key to happiness is to love yourself so others can love you too. Crying is not a weakness, its a blessing, it lets you know that you are human, that you can feel but one day you won't have to show this through tears. One day you will show it through laughter, love and a smile but until that day, look around you, see the smile and know you're not alone because my love, you are not. We are all suck in this life together but life it to the full and you will get by, I promise.

You get knocked down, you get hurt but you're not alone.

on Apr. 2 2013 at 5:48 am
Kimbless BRONZE, Tilehurst, Other

I'm glad, that's why I wrote it. 

on Apr. 1 2013 at 3:35 pm
ravenmc123 SILVER, Fountain, Colorado
this makes me feel less alone...like im the only one who ever goes through this