My Love | Teen Ink

My Love

January 27, 2013
By writergirl300 BRONZE, Allentown, Pennsylvania
writergirl300 BRONZE, Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Jayden Matthews was his name. He was so perfect. He had silky black hair that fell right below his ears. He had a smile that lit up the world. He was the reason I got up in the morning. And he is dead.

We used to sneak out in the middle of the night to go lay under the stars together. The very first time he told me he loved me was under those same stars. He used to take me to the beach at sunset and watch the sun's reflection glimmer on the ocean.

Every time I was with him I felt like I could walk on water. He made me feel like we were the only two people on the Earth. We were on top of the world and anything could happen.

He knew me better than I knew myself. He could always tell my mood. He used to be able to finish my sentences. He was my life.

One night, he called me and said, "Hey, meet me outside in exactly thirty seconds."
I went outside thirty seconds later and there he was, outside of my house in his car.
"What are you doing?" I asked him.
"Don't ask questions. Get in the car.", he said with the biggest smile on his face.
I got in the car and we drove off. Twenty minutes later we arrived at a beach. There was a blanket laying in the middle of the sand with dinner set for two.

We ate dinner together and then watched the sunset over the ocean. We then laid on the beach watching the stars. He told me he loved me. I never felt so alive.

On the way home the only thing I remember was laughing and feeling so amazing just to be with him. Before I knew it there was a bright flash of headlights and then blackness. I woke up in the hospital to be told that a drunk driver had killed the love of my life. I felt so empty and incomplete. I felt I had no reason to live. I didn't want to live. He was the only person that could make me happy on the worst day of my life. When the worst day of my life came, he wasn't there to make me happy. He was gone.

One night, I went to the beach where Jayden took me the night of the accident. I laid the in the sand and stared up at the stars. A shooting star went by and then I knew that he was there looking down on me, my angel. He loved me and I loved him.

Jayden Matthews is his name. He was and always will be perfect. His smile still lights up the world. His memory is the reason I still get up in the morning. And I will always love him.