Coffee Or Something | Teen Ink

Coffee Or Something

December 28, 2012
By peacelovedance99 PLATINUM, Waynesburgh, Pennsylvania
peacelovedance99 PLATINUM, Waynesburgh, Pennsylvania
28 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Hold fast to your dreams, for without them life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.” --Langston Hughes


In life we have moments that are truly brilliant. Moments that you would believe can change every other moment you have ever experienced. But they don’t. They don’t simply because we have felt things in life. Life has felt us back. Although sometimes things suck. Its life and we can’t take back the moments we have already been though.


I’m going to tell the story of the moment I saw your face. It went a little like this. It was a Saturday morning and I, Grace Marie Parker was out on my morning run. Not to get off subject but running is kind of my thing. When I was little I was really fat and all of these obscene children would lay this game where they would want me to chase them. One day I did, and it turned out I could actually run. So my mother took put me on a diet, and the pounds slid off. But yes, I was out for my morning run. I had just finished my second mile and I decided to take a path in a park that no one but the locals knew about. That’s when I saw your face. And I knew it was your face because I would remember a face that beautiful. So as I was running I legs had decided they would forget anything I’ve ever learned from running, which lead me to trip and fall over a log. Yes, this next part is very stereotypical but I feel on top of you. That’s when I saw that you emerald green eyes completed your black have and pale skin. I being Tan and Blond have never seen a sight. That’s when you spoke those words out of your beautiful mouth. “Umm would you mind if like um you were to get off of me?”
Like my legs my mind forgot what to do. “Oh yeah. Sorry is what I am.”
“Yeah it’s cool it happens all the time.” As you said this you had a smile on your face.
“Actually the probably of this event occurring regularly is quit unlikely”
“What’s your name?” Why did the subject of this mater have to change so abruptly was all I was thinking?
“Grace Marie Parker.” I responded.
“Well it’s nice to meet you I’m Logan Connor.”
“Would you like to go get I don’t Know, like coffee or something?” I asked hopefully.
“Ha-ha yes, I would enjoy very much so to go get coffee or something.” He responded.

And although in life we can never be sure to remember moments that have made this life truly amazing. We can always hope that as bad as life gets we always have moments like this to look back and think that we have had something promising to pass the time.

Logan and I’s friendship had quit devolved over the years from our first time running into each other. There was our first laugh. The first time we cried. Our first date. Our first handhold. Our first kiss. Our first relationship status change. His first time meeting my parents. And vice versa of course. There was also the first time we moved in together. And know we our here our first time getting married. And our last. But out of all of our firsts, my favorite is our first coffee or something. But I can’t wait to experience so many other firsts along this journey we call life with you.

“By the power vested in me I pronounce you for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Connor!”

THE END


The author's comments:
I wrote this piece thinking about the power a first impression has on the person. Also how that impression can change your life forever...