Madi and Matt | Teen Ink

Madi and Matt

June 9, 2012
By abigator GOLD, Eureka, Missouri
abigator GOLD, Eureka, Missouri
11 articles 2 photos 3 comments

Madi looked into Matt’s eyes as he talked. She loved the way his shaggy blond hair fell on his head. His eyes were so blue she felt like he was staring into her soul. Madi wished she could tell him how she really felt about him. The only problem was she didn’t want to ruin their relationship.

“You know what I mean?” Matt finished talking. Madi jumped realizing she had not taken in a word he had said.

“Yeah, I know what you mean.” Madi answered. She hoped Matt had not caught on to the fact that she had not heard a single word he had just said. Madi tried to change the subject. “Do we have a test in Algebra today?”

“I don’t think so. Didn’t we just have an Algebra test a few days ago?” Matt had thankfully not caught on. As the bell rang, Madi sighed and went to her next class, science. Madi tried to pay attention, but her mind wandered. She could not stop thinking about Matt.

Madi raced to her locker as soon as the last bell rang. She hoped to get out of school before Matt saw her. Sadly, he was waiting at her locker. “Why are you all of a sudden avoiding me?” Matt asked her.

“I’m not.” She stuttered, “I’m not avoiding you. What makes you think that? I’m not!” He gave her a look she could not place. She could talk all she wanted, but he would not fall or it.

“Madi I know you’re avoiding me. Why can’t you just tell me why you’re avoiding me? You know you can trust me.” Matt had an angry look on his face as Madi started to open her locker. She took her time because she walked home every day. The only problem was that she had to walk home with her neighbor, Matt.

Madi closed her locker and turned around. She was crying. Matt’s face softened. He reached out to hug her. Her head was resting on Matt’s shoulder. “Madi, what’s wrong? Please tell me. I want to be able to help you.”

Madi weighed her options. “I really don’t know how to tell you this,” she started. Matt stroked her hair and he pulled back from her so he could see her face.

“Madi, I won’t judge you no matter what you tell me. It kills me to see you like this.” Matt said.

Madi took a deep breath and decided to tell him the truth. “I really like you. When I say that, I don’t mean just as a friend. What I mean is, I really, really like you.”She was shaking. She was so afraid to hear what Matt had to say.

“I feel the exact same way about you. I was just too afraid to tell you. First, we need to make it official. Will you be my girlfriend?” Matt was on one knee holding out his hands.

Madi grabbed his hands and replied. “I would be honored to be your girlfriend.” Matt got up and gave her a hug. The both giggled as they headed home holding hands the entire way.