Biggest Mistake Of My Life | Teen Ink

Biggest Mistake Of My Life

By savetheworld BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas
savetheworld BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas

“Live every day as if it were your last”

“I love you” – he said while hugging me.
“I love you too”- I answered, and as I said those words, I closed my eyes, not wanting him to know what I was thinking. – “You know, I think I’m going to Alice’s, ok?” – I hoped he didn’t notice the excitement on my voice, I guess that after one year of spending everyday together you notice this kind of thing. He didn’t.
“Sure, want me to drive you?” – we were sitting at my kitchen, like we had so many days in the past year, but this time, something was different, something was not alright, I was different.
“Oh, don’t worry its ok…”
“Ok, talk to you later?” – He said with the brightest smile.
“Of course, babe” – I said as I leaned in to kiss him gently on the lips. I don’t know why, but kissing him felt the same, I still felt an electricity shot go through my body as we kissed. How could that be possible? What was wrong with me?
“Bye” – he waved from his car. As soon as he was out of sight, I closed the door and ran to my room; I sprayed some perfume on my neck, grabbed my keys and went to my car.
When I reached the corner of Alice’s street, my hands started to sweat and my stomach did crazy flips. I took one last breath and got out of the car. When I got to the front door, I hesitated, closed my eyes and as the door was always open, just turned the knob.
Once inside, their voices welcomed me, I could only hear them, but in my head, I could perfectly see their faces; I breathed in and I instantly recognized his scent. This amazing combination of cologne and tobacco. Butterflies started to fly all over my body.
“I’m here” – I shouted, and heard him take a breath in. This day, a day that had been planned for weeks, a day that would change our lives, was finally here.
“We’re on the kitchen!” – Alice shouted; I rushed to the kitchen and opened the door. There he was, seated in front on me. I tried to act normal and went straight to greet Alice.
“Hey” – I said as I hugged her.
“Hey you” – she said smiling; obviously not containing her excitement at all, after all, this had been her plan, her idea. I came closer to him and kissed his cheek.
“Hi” – I managed. He smiled.
“Should we take a walk?” – He asked. Panicked, I looked over at Alice, she nodded and smiled.
“Uhm, ok” – I said. He opened the front door for me; I got out first and instantly started walking, as If it will make things easier.
“So, what was it that you wanted to talk about?” – He asked when he reached me, which was two houses away from Alice’s. His deep voice flowed through the air and when it reached my ears, it made my body shiver. Why did I feel like this? What did it mean?
“Ok, we’ve been really good friends for a long time, right?” – I said, wanting to get to the point as soon as possible.
“Right” – he nodded, his hands on his pockets.
“You wouldn’t lie to me, would you?” – This time I looked up at him, his glittering hazel eyes met mine, making my head spin around.
“Never” – he answered truly. I didn’t know how to ask what I was going to ask, so I just did.
“What do you feel for me?” – My voice trembling.
“I I-… what do you mean?” – I looked at his lips, if I had a boyfriend who loved me and kissed really well, why did I had this amazingly strong need to kiss Adam?
“I mean, what do you feel for me?” – He didn’t answer; he just looked at me directly, his eyes shining. – “Don’t you feel a kind of…rush when you see me?” – This time, he took my arm to stop me, I turned around to meet his eyes, and we now were 20 houses away from Alice’s. I saw something different in his eyes, but before I could figure out what it was, he started to come closer to me, he was going to kiss me, what I have wanted for months now, but suddenly, looking at him, approaching, smelling that intoxicating scent of his, turning his head slightly to the right – that was wrong, right is always my side to turn-, I realized that that wasn’t what I wanted, not at all, I wanted my boyfriend. All our fights had made me doubt, but in just a second, everything changed and I couldn’t be surer about my feelings. I lifted my arms and stopped him by gently touching his shoulders. He looked confused.
“I’m sorry” – I said, my voice cutting off at the end, I hugged him and started running, running as fast as humanly possible, towards Alice’s house. I got on my car and started the engine. I dialed Jake’s number.
“Hello?” – He said, just by hearing his voice I started to cry, but my tears were full of happiness, happiness of not making the biggest mistake of my life.
“Can I come to your house?” – I asked
“Is everything ok?” – His voice alarmed.
“Yeah, can I come?”
“Sure, when?”
“I’ll be there in 5” – and before he could answer, I hung up. All the way I tried to discover what what’s wrong with me and reached no answer;
When I got to his house, he was, as always, already waiting for me outside, seated on the stairs. I smiled just at the sight of him and realized that I was still crying. I turned off the engine and got out of my car, he stood up, I ran and kissed him, closing the distance between us. Tears started falling abundantly down my cheeks as I felt him smiling. Still kissing him I said: “I love you.”

on Oct. 15 2011 at 9:41 am
sabresadie GOLD, NRH, Texas

"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it."

i love this it is too sweet!!! But sometimes a little confusing. I lovelovelove it anyway though!!!