I won't forget. | Teen Ink

I won't forget.

By ZachSt BRONZE, Saint. Raymond, Other
ZachSt BRONZE, Saint. Raymond, Other

Those who only think of What If, will never realize What Is.

I shot my eyes up, eying his tall, slender body, how each of his muscles still managed to glean in the sketchy light the moon provided. Or the way his chocolate eyes were almost identical to his shaggy hair. "I love you." I whispered letting the wind carry my message of romance though its caressing hands.

"But you shouldn't," He replied, his rough voice complimenting his torn clothes and dirty exterior. "You knew this would happen if you said anything." He spoke, lowing his pitch to match my own.

I laid down, letting my Rapunzel-Like hair play tag with the pastel coloured flowers that laid on the forest floor. "But, I love you." I repeated, watching him, as his eyes trailed to the sullen ground.

"Stop, Lucia. Please don't make me regret this... Please," He begged. As my vision slowly started to fade away, like steam gently vanishing away into thin air; I managed to see him drop his scarlet-stained blade to the ground. "I love you." He whimpered out, as my body, once filled with the joy and laughter of a thirteen year old went numb and cold.

This piece was written for an English Journal, but I loved it so much, I chose to move it here...

on Oct. 15 2011 at 9:49 am
sabresadie GOLD, NRH, Texas

"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how you did it."

That was so amazingly wonderfully sad I love this