Come. Part one Lily | Teen Ink

Come. Part one Lily

June 16, 2011
By FrownMonaLisa SILVER, Arlington, Texas
FrownMonaLisa SILVER, Arlington, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened


Please walk in. Please come home. Please don’t leave me here waiting.

Every night she sits waiting, calmly, patiently, for him to come home. But he never does, not till after she’s in bed. She does little, useless things to occupy the time till he comes home. That book that she has tried to read for every night isn’t as interesting as it once was. She’s still stuck on page 73 the third line down. She’s begun to wonder where he is. She knows it isn’t an affair; he’s not that kind of person. She really wants to figure it out, but more than that she wants him back. From whatever it is that’s taking him away from her.

It’s dark in here. But I just can’t turn on the light. If the light is off maybe he’ll think I’m already asleep. “She feels like everything is all right” wait didn’t I read that already? I think I did. I’m not sure. All I want is to fall asleep at the table reading and have him come in a carry me to the room like he used to. I can’t wait anymore, I’m tired and the chair is biting into my legs.

She stands up, dog earring the corner of the page she was on. She turns on the hallway light and makes her way to the bathroom. After the long process of brushing her teeth and hair, and washing her face, she makes her way to her room. Slipping into a night shirt she looks at the figure in the mirror. Dark brown eyes complimented by soft ivory skin and a head of chocolate curls. She’s pleased with what she see’s. She settles into the king sized bed after turning off the light. As she’s fading in and out of sleep she hears the shifting of the bed and feels the strong arms wrap around her. “I love you” he whispers after kissing her cheek. “I love you too”


The author's comments:
A heartbreaking story of a wife undying love for her husband