[It's a Love Story] Baby, Just Say Yes | Teen Ink

[It's a Love Story] Baby, Just Say Yes

By amondal SILVER, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
amondal SILVER, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

The first time I saw him, I absolutely despised him. He thought he knew everything- from math to science, history to English. Of course, he had to sit next to me in my worst subject- Geometry. I couldn’t stand him. Whenever I got something wrong, he corrected me as if I was a dumb-a**. He participated in all the math competitions, and science scholarship projects. And you know what? His college tuition fees were probably already all paid off. He was a know it all, and I absolutely hated him. I swore to myself I would never talk to him, or form any kind of friendship- let alone a relationship.

February 25, the day before my 17th birthday. I was in geometry class. He was helping me with a proof on proving triangles congruent. As if he knew I would only understand the ‘SAS Theorem’ by a dating reference, he added “Pretend the two sides are dating, so they are compatible and congruent.”
“Ok….” I replied, unsure of what to say, and still not understanding this wacky theorem. I kept repeating ‘theorem’ in my head. What a funny word. ‘Theorem, theorem, theorem.’ Haha, it was spelt weird, too.
“Like me and you.”
My brain froze. I stared at him, with a disgusted look on my face.
“What???” I stared at him with daggers in my eyes, making sure he could see the flames, the smoke steaming out of my ears.
“I think that was a bad pick up line…” he looked away, embarrassed.
“You think?? I mean, were you serious? You really thought I would go out with someone like you?” I immediately regretted what I had just said. His eyes looked hurt, like a puppy dog. Sadness showered his round face, as it became small. He looked down at his feet, taking off his glasses, and rubbing his eyes. It took me a moment before I realized he was crying! What had I done?!

“Oh my god. I’m so sorry, Ricardo.” I whispered. “I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.” I whispered, looking into his red, eyes. I missed his sweet, sensitive, chocolate-brown eyes. How did I remember what his eye color was? “But can I ask you something?”

“Yeah?” he looked at me, deeply, intently, with a passion.

“Did you really wanna go out with me?”

I stared into his eyes. I felt like the wicked witch of the west.

“Mhmm.” He nodded.

“Why? What’s so special about me? I mean, look at me.” I said, pointing to my messed up proof on the eraser driven paper. I can’t even get this stupid theorem right! You don’t deserve me- you need a much smarter girl. And just look at my hair! It’s a complete and total mess!” I said, trying to lighten the mood.

He just shook his head. “You don’t realize this. You’re special. You’re so sweet and giddy. And I love you- just the way you are. Oh, and by the way, your hair is absolutely stunning- it falls perfectly around your face. And when you smile, my heart never forgets to skip a beat.”

These were words I would have never dreamed a guy would ever say, especially to me.

“Really?” I looked away, my cheeks blushing.

“Yeah.”

I suddenly had an urge to hug him. Real tight. I reached my hands over his broad, muscular shoulders, and his hands found my waist. I hugged him, and whispered “I love you, Ricardo. Promise you’ll never leave my side.”
“I promise.” He whispered, pushing a strand of hair away from my ear. And I knew this promise would be kept forever. He slowly pulled his head back, brushing away more hair away from my face, and slowly, carefully, he touched his lips to mine.

Just a crazy dream I had about this guy...

amondal SILVER said...
thanks so much! :)

on Mar. 23 2011 at 7:25 am
LoveeHurtss BRONZE, Leeds,

"If Youuu Love Soemone Let Them Go If Theyy Come Back There Yours Forever If Theyy Dont It Was Never Meant Too Be."

Love Love Loved IT(: I Think "Love Without Realisation Or Dont Judge A Book By Its Cover" Fir MOre Perfectly To This Story(: x

amondal SILVER said...
on Mar. 20 2011 at 10:52 am

hah thanks, pooja ;)

i really think i should change the name though....any suggestions?

poojakistan96, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
as i read this...it gave me goose bumps...goose bumps = good job...:)