Touch of Dreams | Teen Ink

Touch of Dreams

By CharlesHines401 GOLD, Brandon, Florida
CharlesHines401 GOLD, Brandon, Florida

"Measure your life in love." Johnathan Larson

"Put Crisco on them problems and see how easy they slide away." Blu Bailey

"Tears don't mean you're losing. Everybody's bruising. There's nothing wrong with who you are" Jessie J.

She'd dreamt again that night; the same dream as the night before. He was there; just as the night before. She knew not his name. She'd never saw his face. Only his voice distinguished him from the darkness. He visited her each night and comforted her with love. When she lost her way he sang sweet melodies until she found him. They were perfect strangers yet dearest lovers; connected only by the heart and his songs. Soon morning would arise and he'd hold her and whisper "I'll never leave you my lady." With those words she'd awake to the world without him.
The sunlight felt cold without his constant embrace. Even the birds could never mimic his passionate songs. She'd search for him forgetting that he'd been only a dream. Nightfall returned, and so did he.Greeting her in the dark he'd whisper "I miss you my lady." Then he'd take her hand as his serenades lit the silent dreams. They'd both dance, never seeing but feeling each other. And even though she never knew him she loved him and he loved her. Day came once more and once more he faded away singing "I'll never leave you my lady." Again she woke still believing he was there; searching to never find.
There came a night when she said to him "Allow me to sing to you" and he did. Her voice sparkled in the darkness as he fell deeper for her. Finally he spoke "Morning slowly approaches and I must go, but remember I'll never leave you my lady." Before she could reply she woke. On impulse she reached our for him; clearly seeing in the daylight that he wasn't there.
When dreams arrived in the night she searched the darkness for him. She listened for his song with her heart. She waited for his touch and thought to call his name but she never knew it. For the first time he wasn't there. She began to sing because that's when she felt him most. She sang her song to him. She sang while the dark dream swallowed her melody. That morning she woke searching for him. She knew he wasn't there.
She craved the night like never before. Never before had she been forced to do without him. Again that night she dreamt. Again that night he had not been there. Days past and night followed yet he never returned. She grew lonely and worried. Each dream she sang for him and her echo reminded her of his absence.
During the day she missed him. Her ears almost deafened from the lack of his melodies. She wondered where he could be. As daylight remained dreams fled and she couldn't search for him. As she drifted through day life she suddenly bumped into another. To her he'd been just another wasted face in the constant crowd. "Excuse me" he whispered and she went on her way.
Night finally came and she heard him again. His voice touched her softly in the darkness. Still she never found him. Before daybreak she heard him "I'll never leave you my lady". And she woke, this time with a slight comfort. Days and nights past and her dreams were lived without him. Again she grew worried. Soon she'd forgotten his voice. Time has taken him away from her.
Day came and she sang. She sang the song she'd sung in to him in her dreams. She sung to nothingness, to reality, to the loneliness the day forced on her. She had past another who heard her song. He remembered the song and followed her familiar sound to find her in the daylight. When he did he touched her hand. It felt the same as in his dreams. As she turned to case him he knew not her face. But he remembered her hand. Instantly he spoke "My lady-" because of time she'd forgotten his touch. She'd forgotten his voice. She'd forgotten hm and ran from him. Heartbroken, he did not understand. How could she forget him?
In the night he dreamt of her. He heard her song and saw her face. He called for her but could not touch her. Again she dreamt of nothingness. Her nights were wasted. She never saw him again. When day came again he searched for her. He loved her. She was the girl of his dreams.
They never met again until one day in class. She still had not remembered him and he's learned slightly to live without her. Still he'd always missed her. And he tried his best to be near her. Almost as if it were magic the power died. Just as in his dreams he didn't see her. Just as in his dreams he took her hand and held her tight. Then he whispered "I'll never leave you my lady." She sat in his embrace, terrified and remembering. Gently she pulled away fleeing into the darkness.
In her dreams he came back; this time she saw his face. He chased after her in love and she ran from him. He dreamt the same. She knew his name, she remembered not his voice, and she fled his touch. In the morning's reality she watched him from afar. He did the same. For some reason she missed him, almost loved him. She could still feel his hand in hers. She still hear his words. She felt so close to him and that's what scared her so much.
His dreams at night became more and more like his life in the day. he dreamt of her, yet could never touch her. Her presence taunted him. He'd sing his song and she never listen. In her dreams she continued searching; this time in the light. She's sing her song and he'd appear. She close her eyes to feel his touch yet saw his face and was frightened. Then again she'd go searching for what she didn't know was him.
As the sun shined she found herself loving him and still missing her dreams. She loved him for his familiar touch but hated his foreign face. Unintentionally she'd grew attached to him in reality's light wishing he was him in fantasy's dark. He loved her still; whispering his name for her in the distance. Everything he could ever want seemed to be out of reach.
That night both dreamt each other as the did many times before. He sung his song and she answered with hers. She saw nothing but felt everything as he saw her face and did not feel her hand. The new day came and he longed for her hand's caress. Without thinking he snuck over to her and whispered "My lady, I must know your name." She embraced his touch not knowing why and replied "My lady is perfect." Saying nothing more she departed.
She visited his dreams once more as did he hers. He saw all of her yet never knew her name. She saw none of him and was content with just his voice and touch. That same touch she didn't understand in daylight. They were in love at night. Still he sought to know her in the day. She refused to believe that reality could replace her dreaming. So they lived without each other yet with each other in in day and at night.

This is for D***** #1 and His Lady.

JustineD said...
on Jul. 31 2011 at 2:29 pm
JustineD, Seattle, Washington

A beautiful story,  with a slightly tragic theme--wonderful! :) It's inspired me to paint something....

(You couldn't have picked a better title, by the way--it's perfect.)  

on Mar. 14 2011 at 3:44 pm
CharlesHines401 GOLD, Brandon, Florida

Thank you and the continuation is comming soon.

on Mar. 11 2011 at 3:20 pm
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Your story is really good and heart warmthing to me a whole. And I hope you will write some pages. :)