Understood | Teen Ink

Understood

February 2, 2011
By peacewriter BRONZE, Doylestown, Pennsylvania
peacewriter BRONZE, Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
never say you are happy when you are sad.never say you are fine when your not okay.never say you feel good when you feel bad.and never say you are alone when I'm still alive.


As i walk to school thinking it cant get any worse, it does, i get a phone call from my dad. i just found out my mom had died, she had cancer, and plus my parents just got a divorce.

i finally get to school turns out I'm new I'm from
Africa.

As soon as i walk in the door I'm am greeted by a thousand words hitting me like stones. i cant do anything to stop it, i cant, there's nothing, the bell rang "finally lunch" i thought to myself.

i get my lunch tray and look around the tens of thousands of kids, i walk over, glares everywhere. finally i go to the bathroom and eat my lunch. but there is someone else in the bathroom too. she was eating her lunch too. her name was Izzy, we became very close friends and soon i didn't care what people called me and said about me, i finally had someone that understood me.


The author's comments:
This story is about a girl who is hurt and finally found someone who understood her.