Without wings | Teen Ink

Without wings

By AbbieLou GOLD, Warrington, Other
AbbieLou GOLD, Warrington, Other

'The problem is not that we aim to high and miss it, but that we aim to low and reach it'

Everthing is the same here.
Everyone is the same here.
Except me.

The boy’s pass by wearing handsome faces, mastered into perfection since they left earth, confidence beeming from there eyes. There chareteristics matched into union- stopping all fights.
The girls stood with grace and ease in the swarmed corridor. Happy in the fact that they were exactly like everyone else, beautiful. Desirable. Many of them enjoying the traits…they couldn’t posses on earth.
There is one thing everyone has, wings. Beautiful spouting wings, the colour of frosted snow, glistening in there glory. Beautiful soft wings that shimmer in there warmth. Beautiful wings that I don’t have.

Its so eerily quiet here, but maybe that’s because I don’t listen. What is the point in listening to those bell like voices, each one exactly alike, for the rest of humanity, when just by looking at them, you already know everything.
Mindreading. A trait I wish I never had. I wish that none of us had it; my thoughts are constantly riddled by people who don’t even care. Listening to there minds, filled with hope and positivity. Do they not even think about what they left behiend? Sure, this may be better, they may still (aside from the wings) appear as humans, but on earth they breathed in the air the planet provided.
The angel with blonde hair smiled at me as she passed a perfect charismatic grin which would have made me cringe just as much on earth as I did now.

Id rather they didn’t make contact with me, I rock backwards in my crouch, wanting to blend in with the white walls. Her lips move, but I don’t take note of the ever chiming words that escape them.

I sit here, like I did the day before. And the day before. And I will sit here, barley existing. For ever.

A noisy intercom roars into life in the corner. They shrug it off without any questions, a few staring mechanically towards it. I guess I only heard it because it had some of the rough crackling sound which was so unlike the peaceful noises that exists here.
Intercom Earth.
Our only possible connection with earth. We only heard it if, the person who remained on earth truly wanted our response.

“Marie, Marie. I miss you so much. Each day is like a year. I keep thinking your going to walk through the door again, looking more beautiful than ever, but that’s just the thing- you aren’t. I don’t know how i`m going to survive without you. We never even say goodbye. So I’m going to say it now, goodbye…..” The voice fuzzed of into nothing.
Darren. He hadn’t forgotten me.

Though I felt so out of place in this world. My life had been completed in the next.
It was recognition that someone in this universe cared.
Someone who wasn’t mechanically altered into perfection.
Someone who loved me for me.
For who I was and for who I am now
The angel without wings.

This piece was just something that came to my mind when i was mind mapping new story idea's. I tried not describe the charecter marie in too much depth so that it's easier for the reader to picture themselves in the story.

SilverLuna SILVER, _________, Washington

"Come fairies take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.".... W.B. Yeats.
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

This was very sweet and had an uplifting messege. Nice job!

VanessaTaylor, Alexander, Arkansas

"The loudest sound is that of a broken heart. Silent to the world. And deafening to you."

danggggggggg. when do you get published!?!?!?!? mannn. i wisshh i cud write like youu. im so jealous!!! mann. no fairr. you can write n i suxx at itt. snap, keep writing!!