Night always turns into Day | Teen Ink

Night always turns into Day

September 28, 2010
By JAZZYJENI GOLD, Hong Kong, Other
JAZZYJENI GOLD, Hong Kong, Other
11 articles 1 photo 6 comments

It happened on a dark cold night. The darkest, coldest night in weeks. There were no stars, only black – black as ink. As black as his heart. I was atop a cliff looking down on the merciless sea, the waves crashing onto the rocks below. I sat there for what felt like hours, thinking about what he had done. He had burned my heart; cast me out to this desolate place. Why her? Why not me? I had given everything to him. And took it and gave it to her. What did she have that I didn’t? I thought about it for hours. Thinking always thinking.
The wind was like a ferocious animal, biting into me. I wrapped my thin coat tighter around me but that still didn’t help. The cold penetrated to my core. The wind was whispering in my ear, telling me stories. I listened all night and the stories told me many things. It told me to look up.
I looked up into the sunrise. A new day. I stood up and swore to myself that everything was going to be okay. I turned around and walked home, the sunrise as my backdrop. I smiled. Everything was going to be okay.