Collide part 3 | Teen Ink

Collide part 3

September 19, 2010
By EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts
EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts
32 articles 0 photos 215 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."


I could feel my heart loudly thumping in my chest. I could barely breathe. I mean, we had talked a couple times at school and we talked online every day but we had never really gotten to know each other. On the other hand, it was extremely easy to talk to Brendan. He always said the sweetest things and he was the one I talked to when I was having a bad day.

I called Anna, my best friend, and told her about Brendan. She answered, “Ang, I’m not going to stop you from going out with him but please be careful. I do not want to see you get hurt.”

“Okay, but don’t worry about me. I’m not sure I’m going to say yes anyways.”

The next day, I pulled him aside in the hall and I said, “ I’m sorry Brendan, I’m not sure how to tell you this…”

“Let me guess. You are going to say no.”

“No, its just… I need more time to think. I know I am being selfish and I apologize for wasting your time but…”

“No worries. Take all the time you need. You are the most beautiful, smart and witty girl I have ever met. I would wait forever for you.”


Early in the morning, my phone beeped and the screen lit up.

“Good morning babe. You know why I got up this morning? Because of you. YOU are the reason I wake up every day. It makes me smiled when I see your beautiful face.”

I smiled and I felt like this was all a dream. This could never be happening to me. I was just an ordinary girl, I went to high school just like every one else. I loved to listen to music and hang out with friends. I longed for love. Yet now, when love was calling, I could not answer it. Now, when love was at my doorstep, I could not open the door. He was so perfect. How could he ever like me?
But the thing is: he did. He truly did like me. He told me every day. Yet every day, I did not believe him, until the one day that changed everything. He walked home with me and he told me how beautiful I looked. I smiled and answered, “You are too.” With that, he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the trees. He said, “I have liked you for two years and I never had the courage to tell you how I felt. Since I have liked you for that long, I have had time to think about this and I think I am in love with you Angela.”
I started to blush and I was about to speak when he pulled me in close and he kissed me. His lips were soft and tender and I loved how they felt against mine. I kissed him back and I put my arms around his neck. He pulled me in closer and started to touch my cheek. Suddenly, a tan car drove by and honked. He slowly pulled away and said, “Shoot, that’s my mom. I have to go. I’ll talk to you later.” And with that he turned and left.


The author's comments:
There should be a couple more parts out soon. :) Thanks for reading my stories everyone. <3