Out of sight, out of mind | Teen Ink

Out of sight, out of mind

By freewriter_123 SILVER, Miramar, Florida
freewriter_123 SILVER, Miramar, Florida

"Whoever said nothing was impossible never tried slamming a revolving door." ;)

Three years we had dated. I really loved him and thought we would be together forever. I thought we would someday get married and have kids. That dream is over, were over. It happened today when I was waiting for him at the park. It was our three year anniversary and we were suppose to meet here for our date. I waited an hour there. He didn’t show. Then I received a text saying:
I don’t love you anymore. It’s over.
Tears filled my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. I wasn’t only sad about the fact that he just dumped me, but he didn’t even have the guts to say it to my face. Of course it started to rain and I didn’t have a car. Alex had dropped me off. I ran crying in the rain. When I got to my house no one was there. I grabbed every picture every note, gift. Anything that reminded me of him and I stuffed it in a box. I went up to the attic and I stuffed in the corner making sure that it was in the darkness. Like they say out of sight out of mind. That’s exactly what I’m going to do. I would go to Princeton instead of FIU. I would leave and make sure I wouldn’t see his face ever again.

This is actually based on a true story. My best friend (Who is 18) Had this same situation but she didn't leave.

freewriter_123 SILVER, Miramar, Florida

I realize what your saying but I meant it to be like that. I didnt plan to continue with it. It was something I literally wrote when I was in the car. I knew that if I wrote more to it that it would be as good so I kept it. Kinda mysterious. :)

awesomeaugust GOLD, Boston, Massachusetts

"Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground"
~Theordore Roosevelt

Wow, what a jerk.

As far as the writing, though I almost felt like "why read it?" I feel bad for the girl, but how do I know she wasn't a total jerk or something (although I'm sure she's NOT). What I'm sayign is, I think it need more character development.