First Sight | Teen Ink

First Sight

By star-gazing-dreamer GOLD, Pittsgrove, New Jersey
star-gazing-dreamer GOLD, Pittsgrove, New Jersey

Everywhere I have sought rest and not found it,
except sitting in a corner by myself with a little book.
~ Thomas Kempis ~

He gripped my arms, looking deep into my eyes waiting for a reaction. I couldn’t give one. My mind was empty of all thought except for him. His scent, vanilla and smoke, his eyes, a deep sea glass blue, his slightly tanned skin, his mocha colored hair. The feel of his hand on my arms, of his body pressed against mine. Nothing else. A slow smile spread across his face, and his head tilted as he slowly brought it closer. I couldn’t tell if I wanted to run away or stay. My mind was still trying to process his touch, his presence, and though he moved slowly, gently towards my face, I was shocked when his lips touched mine. At first it was a light brush and my mind jolted. It was like a wake up call. He was touching me, was KISSING me and I was doing nothing to stop it. I brought my hands up and placed them against his chest, to push him away, but I couldn’t move them off his chest. I could feel the beat of his heart. It wasn’t slow and gentle like his smile as he looked down at me. It was beating wildly fast like he was nervous, but it didn’t show in his eyes. They were pools overflowing with some feeling I wasn’t positive of but made me feel overheated, in a good way. Even slower he brought his hands to my cheeks, stroking them with his fingers and then my lips, his smile never leaving his face, his heart beating faster. Again he brought his lips down to mine, and kissed me, harder then the first time, and again I let him. I didn’t realize that my arms had moved from his chest to around his neck, that I was molding myself to him, melting into him. It wasn’t until we had to breathe that we broke apart, gasping and staring into each other’s eyes, smiling. My heart was pounding at miles per minute, and I could feel his beating as hard.

I leaned my forehead against his and breathless I asked the question that was whimsically floating around in the back of my mind, “Who are you?” It came out airy, barely a whisper.

He pulled away from me, not far and not fast, so that he could study my face. His eyebrows furrowed in a way that made me want to kiss them, which was simply absurd because it was just dawning on me that I didn’t know who this guy was, and that he didn’t know me. But it didn’t make my heart pound any less or make me feel any less tizzied to see him.

His voice was litted, like he had had an accent. “ I’m Adam. You?” There was a smile in his voice as well as his face.

“ I don’t know if I should tell a stranger my name,” I said teasing, leaning in to kiss him again. He pulled away.

“ A name for a kiss. Come on don’t be stingy.” He was laughing out right. A light chuckle that I could feel, and danced within his eyes.

“ My name is Sparrow. Payment given,” I kiss him again, drinking in the feel of his lips and then pull away from him, but kept our fingers intertwined.

on Aug. 15 2010 at 6:23 pm

~ Thomas Kempis ~

Thanks so much :)

TerraTAZz GOLD said...
on Aug. 15 2010 at 5:31 am
TerraTAZz GOLD, Sapulpa, Oklahoma

Nobody goes through life without a scar.

-carol burnett

loooooveedd it!! so much detail! ur a great writerrr