Simplicity | Teen Ink

Simplicity

By hyperactivemayfly PLATINUM, Arlington Heights, Illinois
hyperactivemayfly PLATINUM, Arlington Heights, Illinois

"Un ange frappe a ma porte
Est-ce que je le laisse entrer
Ce n'est pas toujours ma faute
Si les choses sont cassées
Le diable frappe a ma porte
Il demande a me parler
Il y a en moi toujours l'autre
Attiré par le danger"

It really was a simple thing. Gray, with shimmering abalone buttons, thin straps, and a drawstring at the bottom so it billowed out and then tucked back in around the middle of her thighs. And he loved it. Loved how it emphasized different parts of her depending on which way the wind was blowing, just like how her moods changed with the weather. Loved how when she spun around it flew, twirled with her long chestnut hair. Loved how it made her smooth skin seem almost golden, loved how the neckline was low enough to tempt yet high enough to be modest. Loved how the beautiful necklace he’d gotten her rested in the dent of her collarbone, and how the pendant matched the buttons perfectly. Loved how her legs seemed to go on for days when she wore it, loved how the smooth color, the color of the sky during a storm, the color of the pavement, the color of her eyes-but without the tinge of blue- fit her like a silk glove from the days of masquerade balls and queens. Loved how she only wore it on days that she deemed perfect, where it was warm-but not too warm- with a gentle breeze that lifted both her spirits and the pink leaves on the trees near their home. Loved how it was simplicity itself. Loved how it was her.

Well, I got a cute gray shirt, and imagined how it would look if it were a dress (and on someone prettier than I am) and then this little piece of nothing spawned!

HPGGMRAR GOLD said...
HPGGMRAR GOLD, Kennesaw, Georgia

"I musn't forget I'm alive."
Ray Bradbury (Dandelion Wine)

I want a dress like that!

You're description is great, though I kept wanting it to be arranged in stanzas, if felt so poetic!