You... | Teen Ink

You...

May 4, 2010
By KellyR GOLD, Richmond, Virginia
KellyR GOLD, Richmond, Virginia
14 articles 0 photos 258 comments

Favorite Quote:
We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.


I cannot count the number of times I have had writers block, and mostly because of you. I won’t let myself write about you anymore because I realize you don’t exist. It’s true I wish you did and that’s why all my stories, poems, and thoughts are about you. It’s sad because you don’t exist. Again even now as I write this sentence I try to change the subject, but at the last minute it again turns to be about you. Why do I keep writing to you? You don’t exist. Still I scribble these words across the page and they are all for you. You, you, you who doesn’t exist. How many times do I have to write it to make myself understand? Apparently many more since I continue this letter to you. You who doesn’t exist.


The author's comments:
This isn't really fiction but I figure the readers in this section will aprreciate it more than the ones who are reading non-fiction. I know there are some fragments in this but it just fit bettwer so SORRY