You Found Me-chapter 1 | Teen Ink

You Found Me-chapter 1

By ckenzi DIAMOND, Hutchinson, Kansas
ckenzi DIAMOND, Hutchinson, Kansas

Trying to forget someone you once loved is like trying to remember someone you never knew.

Phil 1:7- For it is right of me to feel this way about you because I hold you very dear to my heart.

I looked at my schedule, then at the number on the door, then back at my schedule. I didn't want to go into the wrong class again. That was really emberrasing last time. I finally decided that I did indeed have the right class, and so I opened the door and walked in. The teacher glanced up from the paper that she was writing on, and gave me a welcoming smile. She immediately put me at ease. I walked over to her and extended my hand, "Hi! My name is Renee`! I'm new," wow. As if she didn't already know that since she's the teacher...I'm so dumb. She smiled warmly at me and responded, "I'm Mrs. Devery, welcome to Physical Science!" She showed me to my seat, and I gladly sat down next to a cute red headed boy. He
looked me up and down and I slowly extended my hand. He jerked back as if I had some type of deadly
disease. Well, looks aren't everything, I reminded myself. I focused on what Mrs. Devery was teaching for the rest of the period. I found out later that the rude, red-headed kids name was Fred. The bell finally rang at the end of the period, although it seemed like I had been in that classroom for over a year, it had
only been fourty-five minutes.
I slowly walked out of class, with my schedule plastered up to my face, trying to figure out where my next class could possibly be. All of the sudden I ran into something rock solid. I felt myself turn a deep shade of red, thinking I had run into a wall, but to my suprise, and dismay,
I had run into a person. Who was bending down to pick up all of his books that had fallen out of his
hands. Wait. His?! Great. My first day here and already I'm making a fool of myself in front of a guy. I decided that instead of standing there stupidly, I should at least try to help the poor guy. I leaned down to help him, just as he stood up. Our heads collided. "Ah! I'm so so so sorry. Are you alright?" I was in a
panic, thinking he would probably glare at me, and get everyone in the school to hate me, on my first
day here. To my suprise, he looked up at me and began to laugh. Not a chuckle. A full out, side splitting
laugh. I figured that I had probably damaged his brains. "Well then," I said, "I'm sorry about this whole thing, I didn't think I was this clumsy. Anyway, I had better find my next class, it was nice to um, run into you. Have a great week." At this, I walked away, curious who this boy was, but feeling utterly stupid for having made such a scene. I managed to find all of the rest of my classes that day, and the next, and the next. Soon it was a routine
and I didn't even need the schedule. I was able to make a couple of friends there, though I don't think that most of the kids liked me very much. I think that they thought I was weird. Maybe I am. I didn't see that boy again at all, though I must say that I kept my eye out for him. The fourth week of school, I was still partially known as the "new girl" but most of the people knew my name. If they didn't know it, they
would just yell- "Hey! You!" and I would generally respond. The fifth week at school I finally spotted him. I was running an errand for my Global Studies teacher and I was walking down a hallway that I don't normally go down everyday, to get to my regular classes. He was standing in front of his locker, looking into it, as if he couldn't quite figure out how his books had gotten there. Guys. I could never figure them out. He sighed, pulled out a text book and shut his locker door and looked up, just as I looked at him,again. Wow. He took my breath away. When he wasn't sitting on the ground, he was approximately six feet tall with curly brown hair, and the deepest brown eyes you can ever imagine. He stood there staring at me, as I stood there staring at him. There was a feeling in the air, I don't know what to call
it other than mutual attraction. I started to walk forward again, reminding myself that I need to go finish this errand. He wasn't helping matters, by continuing to stare me down. I kept walking forward and finally got to where he was standing. He needed to move, so that I could walk past him, but by the looks of things, moving was the last thing on his mind. Much to my suprise, he held out his hand and said, "Andy." I slid my hand into his and responded, "Renee`."
"Well, Renee`, it was a pleasure to meet you."
"Same to you."
He moved out of my way, and I continued to walk down the hallway.
The butterflies in my stomach won't be silenced.

on Apr. 24 2010 at 10:14 am
biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

MORE MORE MORE!!!!  i love it! its sooo cute!

on Apr. 19 2010 at 6:24 am
silent_pen GOLD, Colcord, Oklahoma

ad aspra per aspera(to the stars with difficulties)

yea i agree with agsmiley888 more more more!!!!!!!!!

on Apr. 18 2010 at 9:36 pm
Green8a8 SILVER, NY, New York

im the author of my life, unfortunately im writing in pen therefore i can't erase nothing about it.-by some crazy friend of mine

oh man i want more