He's Not Normal | Teen Ink

He's Not Normal

By violingoddess GOLD, Mesa, Arizona
violingoddess GOLD, Mesa, Arizona

It ain't bad being good
when you feel like you can no longer stand- get on your knees
Curiousity is the mother of discovery

So I met this guy at my new school, he is cute and really nice. It seems like I have known him forever, you know, like the old kindergarten friend you had endless play dates with? I sit with him at school every day. We have been sitting together for a while now, and soon sitting at lunch became something he did not want to do. He wanted to see me more often, my Friday nights were filled with movies and buttery popcorn topped off with countless laughter with this young man. I trust him, so we talk about everything and there are tree words he always whispered in my ear: I love you. He’s not normal, he is that kind of guy who loves and respects women no matter what they wear or look like. He stands up for what is right, even if he stands alone. This Youngman has the sweetest tenor voice that is not used to swear or yell. Disagreements may come up later in this relationship but he is not the yelling-breaking-dishes- hitting-then-running-away type. No, this man is different, he is not normal; he likes to talk things out. The clothes he wears are not torn or stained, but rather professional and “peppy”. Although his clothes scream “stuck-up”, his character whispers “I’m gentle and loving.” His promising blue eyes declare his commitment to our friendship. Those blue eyes will never be glazed or bloodshot- he knows better. He knows he has a friend who cares and a bright future ahead of him… Later, after we have both graduated from high school, he asked me to be his wife. I accepted. The day of our wedding was bright with sunshine and the smell of roses. My white dress flows down the castle steps with my best friend’s hand locked in mine. We both have smiles and glowing faces, and then we’re greeted by our family. It’s eternity from here.

This was inspired by a writing promt in my writer's class. I think this is a cute story...

on Feb. 16 2010 at 8:19 pm
Mykindapeopledontcarewhatyouthink BRONZE, Gueydan, Louisiana
it's an adorable story