The Best Prom | Teen Ink

The Best Prom

By angier GOLD, Centerville ,Pa, Pennsylvania
angier GOLD, Centerville ,Pa, Pennsylvania

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt. "

“Angie, Angie come her “Kali called excitedly

“Hey, Kali “I said
“Guess what?” She said jumping up and down
“What, you seem like the happiest girl in the world.”
“That is because, Ashton Trey just asked me to prom!!!”
“Oh my gosh, Lucky you.” I said in shock
“I guess they didn’t lie when they said our senior year would be the best year, I mean you’ve been crushing on him for how long now!” I exclaimed
“I know I was starting to give up. He told me he always liked me and had never got the courage to talk to me let alone ask me out.” She sighed
As we walked out the doors of the Westward Academy School doors, I saw the crowded courtyard .The jocks playing catch, Cheerleaders practicing for the pep assembly, the nerds at a table reading and the lucky ones getting out of free Period early for work. I briefly told Kali I was happy for her and gave her a hug .I headed for the parking lot.
As I searched the parking lot for my car, I saw Mark getting into his truck. As he ducked in he waved and winked at me. I waved and laughed but still I couldn’t help the feeling that crept up in my stomach, the butterflies were back. I put the car in reverse and pulled out of the parking lot .The drive would give me time to think about my feelings toward Mark . Lately it had seemed like we were more than friends. Ever since last summer when we were hanging out at the river swimming, it’s been different. I will never forget how we kissed. It was just a casual day and everyone was suppose to come Kali, Ashton, Chris ,Tim ,Liza and a bunch of other people. Turns out half of them bailed on us and the others left early .It was just us laughing and dunking each other in the water we had a few hours to kill. The kiss was so random and it just kind of happened. It was great though.
Now it seemed like everytime we got together it was weird. I really wanted to find out what was going on between us before we went our separate ways after graduation.

As I pulled up to the small restaurant. I noticed the sign was broken and it flashed Gina’s Family restaurant .As I pulled my hair back and put on my apron, I couldn’t wait until I didn’t have to work at this dumb job. I loved the owner and all the people who worked there .I was not worried that when I quit there wouldn’t be six other freshman there to take my place .There wasn’t a week that went by without someone asking for a job .They were turned down even though the help would be useful…Gina never worried that one of her current workers couldn’t do the job or stay another shift.
As my shift was ending the usual evening costumers came in. As I was pouring the third cup of coffee for Old Man Thruet, I heard the door bell jingle. I turned to greet the customer and I saw it was Mark walking right toward me .This was unusual, considering he had work tonight .I hurried and pushed my hair behind my ear and wiped my hands on the apron. I said hello as I set the coffee pot on the holder and turned into a giant bear hug. I giggled and said “Hey, I’m on shift.”
“I know, I know, I thought you could use some company during break.”
“Okay, but breaks not for another hour” I said with a sigh
Just then I heard Gina’s voice from the back.
“Mark is that you? I haven’t seen you around here for awhile. Where have you been? Get back here so I can take a good look at you .Are you still as tiny as a stick. Does your grandma even feed you?” She said sarcastically.
Mark laughed and turned on his heel .He turned and looked at me right before he was taken into a giant smothering hug from Gina.
As I finished the rest of my shift .I could hear Gina laughing and I heard Mark telling some wild story. I heard the bell on the door ring .I turned and looked to see the lady who was to take over for me walk in. Her Mascara was running down her cheeks and I walked to her and asked her what was the matter. She sighed and told me about her baby being sick and that she didn’t want to leave her with the baby sitter. I patted her on the back and told her it would be okay .I warned her that her makeup was smeared .She laughed and wiped at her face.
As I headed to the back room .I wondered why Mark had even come here .And why hadn’t he told me that he was going to in the parking lot today. I hung my apron on my employee hook and took my hair down. As I walked into the room were Mark and Gina were .I put on a smile and tried to act as normal as possible .But the fact that I didn’t know why he came and that it was a surprise was eating me up.

Mark stood up and started to walk toward me .He turned and said to Gina
“Is it okay if, I steal Ang during her break?”
“Well where are you going to take her?
“Do you really need to know?”He joked
“As long as she is back by six o’clock so she can help close up, then I don’t care “
As we headed to the parking lot, I questioned what was going on. He just looked at me with a mischievous grin. As I climbed into his truck he shut the door behind me. He walked over to his side and hoisted himself into the truck. As he turned the key the engine turned and it fired up. I noticed because last month it would hardly start up. He had put hour and hours of hard work into getting it to run.

As we turned down a dirt road .I realized that this was the road that the river was on. Just then we turned into the little pathway and tree branches scraped the windows. And I finally got the courage to ask what we were doing here.
“You will see” is all he said

He turned off the engine and grabbed his backpack from the back of the cab. He mentioned for me to come on. As we walked down the sloping river side I saw a towel laded out on the ground. He went over and laded down on his side and started to skip rocks into the river. I sat down next to him and said what is this all about.

“I don’t want someone else to ask you to prom” he said looking at me
“Believe me know one will “I said with a sigh
“You weren’t in the boy’s locker room today now were you?” he said sounding kind of upset
“What are you talking about?” I replied worriedly
“I overheard a couple of guys talking about who was still available for prom”
“Who was it and what did they say “
“It doesn’t matter who it was I dealt with it “
“Mark! What were they saying?” I said angrily
“They were talking about you, and how Kenny was going to ask you to prom.”
“What Kenny Handel? No he wouldn’t ask me to prom… he barely talks to me “
“That’s not all he was going to ask you to do with him…!”
“Okay you and I both know I would never even do anything with him “I said rather ticked off
“I know and that is what pissed me off, I told them to cut it out and stop talking about you and to show a little respect, the others left to the showers and it was just me and Kenny …He kept talking about your body and trying to get me into the conversation. I finally got so mad and shoved him against the locker and told him to back off or I was going to knock his head off .I’m really sorry if you wanted to go with him. I really would feel better if you didn’t.” he said with a huff at the end
“Wow that seemed pretty emotional, I promise if he ask I won’t say yes. So why did you bring me here to ask that?”
“I wanted to ask you to prom … So will you go to prom with me?”
“Of course, I will” I said relieved
“Great, for a second I thought you were mad at me.” He also said relieved
“So what color dress should I get?” I asked
“I don’t know do you want us to match cause if so I need to buy a Tux and Tie and shoes .”
“I was thinking pink.” I said jokingly
“Pink? What about blue or Turquoise? “He questioned
“Okay, Turquoise is awesome with me “
“Okay.”
“When do you want to go dress shopping?”
“How about tomorrow after school, I will drive you to and from school and then we can go to Pittsburg.”
“Okay, I guess that’s awesome, but still what is in the bag?” I laughed
All of the sudden he ripped of his shirt and pulled down his shorts to revile his swim trunks. He pointed at the bag and told me my swim suit was in it and that I could get changed in his truck. I laughed and said no way.
Shortly after I had changed into my suit ,I felt very uncomfortable and worried about if I would have enough time to dry of before work .He laughed and suddenly I was being lifted and thrown into the water ,with a giant splash.

As I came up from under I laughed and he came toward me his eyes locked on mine his hands around my neck, he leaned in and we kissed .It was longer than the first more passionate and I felt like it meant much more. After the kiss he asked me a year changing question “Will you be my girlfriend, because I don’t just want to be a friend I want to be more, your body guard, the shoulder you cry on and the guy that you can already guess before you ask that I am taking you to prom.”

A week later.
“Mom, where are my shoes?”
Which ones she asked as she walked around the corner .I watched her jaw drop and the tears fill her eyes. I rushed over and hugged her and just then the door bell rang. She wiped her eyes and pointed at the shoe box that was sticking out from under my bed .As she headed for the door, I realized she knew all along me and Mark were meant to be together.

I heard his voice and my mother’s sigh, as I slip on the shoes of a princess for this one time.
As I walk out of my bedroom and he slips the flowers on my arm. I look at him in his deep brown eyes he looks at me and takes my arm and says
“Shall we?”

I love it ,even if it isnt that great, hope you do to !

angier GOLD said...

Hello ,everyone -

I have posted Chapters 1, and 2 - and this is just the same charecters as my stroy.Im going to try and fit this into it - so everyone check it out !

angier GOLD said...

Thanks ! And Im glad you like it !

on Jan. 3 2010 at 11:38 am
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

oh no that's fine! they're not identical or anything, it just kinda reminded me of it. :)
and i've posted up to chapter 21 of ec+am=4ever on here, but some of the chapters got labeled wrong, so chapters 18-20 are labeled like 13-17. and then chapters 13-17 are labeled correctly so now there's 2 chaptes 13-17. it's just really confusing and messed up, lol :)
but u can try going to quizilla .com and searching for ec+am=4ever because i have it posted on there too :)

angier GOLD said...
on Jan. 3 2010 at 9:27 am

Ive read your story ...and I wasnt meaning to make them simialer ...this came to me in a dream ??? I know weird ....also how can I read the rest of Ec+AM ?

on Dec. 30 2009 at 12:07 am

Yes, you should DEFINITELY post the other 2 sections! LOL, it was great! And I also loved how you brought them back to their "special place" too. It kinda reminded me of my story EC+AM=4ever, because Ash & Evalynne have "their tree". LOL, AWESOME job, post the rest! :)

biddycakes said...
biddycakes, Charlotte, North Carolina
wow that was great! and i love how you brought them back to there "special place" so he could ask her to prom. but i definatly think you should write more :)

angier GOLD said...

Hey ..Its me(I wrote this story) This is a third part ina story Im righting if you want to read the beginning and the ending parts post some comments and rate and If I feel the you want me to add the rest I will !!Lots of love from Me !!! I need feed back ..check out more of my work ...=)