Destined to be Together | Teen Ink

Destined to be Together

By lover.of.love BRONZE, Walkerton, Indiana
lover.of.love BRONZE, Walkerton, Indiana

Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

“Y-yeah, you’re very pale, and, and alive!” that’s all it took and tears came rolling down the sides of my pale cheeks without end. I couldn’t believe what was happening to me. Was I getting a second chance to be with the one I loved?
“I’m not alive, Delilah. I’m a ghost.” He said it with such flawlessness. As if he wasn’t an almost see-through ghost sitting on the edge of my bed. He looked the same as usual, besides him being unusually pale and transparent. Landon still had his gorgeous face and the most luring brown eyes I had ever stared into in my entire being.

“How, how is this even happening?” I was trying to get everything through my mind. “This isn’t happening, it can’t be happening. It’s not even possible.” By this time I was pacing back and fourth in my room looking for an answer to my questions, Landon trying to calm me down.

“Delilah, I’m not positive what is happening, but, I think we are getting another chance at love. I still love you. This is our destiny.” When he said it was our destiny to love, I knew he was right. At that moment, I suddenly got dizzy and got the feeling nausea. I knew it was my time to go. I saw my life pass before my eyes, most of which was about Landon. I saw the first time we ever met, the day he walked me home and kissed me, and the day everything went wrong, the day Landon died.

All I remember from that day was falling over, and waking up in a cramped hospital room with two nurses staring at me. One of them was poking me with a needle repeatedly. My mother was sitting in a chair in the corner, crying. I tried to talk, but nothing came out. I was so weak. Once the nurses had left and my mother had gone to the bathroom, I felt something sit on my hospital bed. It was Landon, but I could barely see him.

“I think it’s your time, Delilah.” He said it with some kind of a smirk on his face, almost like he had been waiting for me to die all along. Since I couldn’t speak, all I did was nod my head in agreement. I knew it was my turn to go. It would be worth the pain. Landon and I needed to be together. I was his destiny and he was mine. We were meant to be.

The nurses and my mother walked in just in time to see me pass. My eyes closed slowly as the image of Landon became clearer and cleared. The machine monitoring my pulse in low beeps gradually slowed. It slowed continually until my eyes were completely closed and I was gone. My soul was lifted to the skies and lowered back down to Landon. He was still holding my lifeless hand in the hospital room. My mom was screaming, shaking my shoulders, telling me to come back. I just wanted to give her a hug and tell her I was right there, but I couldn’t. I was a ghost and there was no going back.

I touched Landon’s hand as I stood at the foot of the bed. He shuttered at the touch, but seeing me reassured him. We were together, and that’s all that mattered. We were truly destined to be together.

this is the second part of my story. it wouldnt let me post the whole thing. enjoy. feedback is welcome! thanks

SaritaFajita BRONZE, Arlington, Texas

- In your anger do not sin.
Psalm 4:4

- "Love the life you live, live the life you love." -bob marley.

A m a z i n g.

I got tears in my eyes when I read how the mother was screaming for her to come back. I could just picture a mother's pain and agony if her child died. <33

kenziekins14 SILVER, Hemet, California

"One day your life will flash beforeyour eyes, make sure its worth watching."

absolutly amazing...

The Reader! said...
I totally loved that story. I loved how she got to be with him in the end...on the first part I started crying thinking that they would be seperated! Good Job!

emily23 BRONZE said...
on Dec. 18 2009 at 10:04 am
emily23 BRONZE, Solon, Maine

Every story has an end, but in life every end is just a new beginning.

aww how sad why did she have 2 die he should have come back to life