A deep secret part 2 | Teen Ink

A deep secret part 2

October 7, 2009
By JustAGirlNextDoor SILVER, Peachland, North Carolina
JustAGirlNextDoor SILVER, Peachland, North Carolina
5 articles 6 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
I think my favorite quote is
"Would you rather me tell you the truth and make you sad or lie and make you happy".


CHAPTER 2

I slowly opened my eyes and then closed them quickly. The sun was very bright.
I felt someone place there hand on my forehead. "Someone bring me some water" I heard from a distance. I wanted to say no but I guess that ball hit me in the head harder then I thought because I couldn't get the words out. All I could do was moan.
I heard a little voice say "Here you go Jake".
I opened my eyes then and tried to sit up but when I did that Andy ,who was the one who brought the water, tripped and the cup of water fell on me.
"Well that woke her up" I heard someone say in a smug voice.
I looked around and saw Madaline smiling a wicked smile.
I tried to sit up but I fell back down.
"Ow" I muttered, I felt someone grab the top of my arms and pull me up.
I looked up to see it was Jacob who had grabbed me. "Can you stand?" he asked.
I shook my head yes, he let go of me and I tried to stand straight. It wasn't immpossible but it hurt.
I looked at the little kids surrounding me and that's when I saw Andy.
He looked so sad that I knew in an instant that he was the one who had kicked the ball.
"Andy" I said quietly "I forgive you". The poor boy! he ran up to me and hugged me so hard I thought I wouldn't be able to breath.
"I-I'm so sorry Le--Leah" he whispered.
I patted his head "Its alright Andy it wasn't your fault" I said "What do I always tell you when accidents happen".
"The ball goes where it wants to" he whispered.
"Thats right" I told him "Go with the others and kick the soccer ball'.
Andy left and I turned back to Jacob, "Thanks" I told him.
He shook his head and went back to sit Madaline.
I let out a little sigh and ran my hands through my hair.
Jacob Wright held me ME ! in his arms, I let out a little shriek and went back to teaching the kids.
Hoping I would see Jacob tomorrow

(To be continued)