Part three of Orb | Teen Ink

Part three of Orb

October 9, 2009
By CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
29 articles 0 photos 90 comments

Favorite Quote:
The world is a stage, and we are merely players- Shakespeare (at least it goes something like that!!)


After school, I walked out of school with Stephanie and Carol, as they skipped and did cartwheels on the grass. I saw Derek out of the corner of my eye. Girls surrounded him, of course, and started asking him questions about class. “I totally failed that biology test,” Stephanie laughed. “Oh, well.”

“O-m-g, I totally failed too!” Carol said. “Well, at least we did our best!”

“B-E-S-T!” they both cheered and all the guys turned toward them.

“Guys…,” I said. “That’s embarrassing!” Derek turned toward me and smiled. I stood like a loser, just staring, drool practically coming out of my mouth.

“Madison!” Stephanie said waving her hand in front of my face, “Earth to Madison!”

“Oh, um, sorry,” I laughed and I swear Derek was still looking at me. It started to get creepy. “I think Derek’s staring at me…”

“O-m-g! Really?” Carol asked staring at Derek.

“I think you shouldn’t stare at him…,” I said embarrassed. ‘He’ll notice I’m looking.”

“You shouldn’t be shy!” Stephanie elbowed me and gave me a wink.

“Stephanie!” I yelled disgusted. Everyone turned to me and stared. I felt my face get hot and looked at the ground. Stephanie and Carol laughed.

We finally left the school and walked over to my house. My house was a small two-story home with two full-sized bedrooms. I didn’t have any siblings so I was pretty content at my house. Stephanie and Carol were lucky enough to be the same, so their rooms were full with pretty pink frilly things and cheerleader pom-poms, and such.

My room was just a blue room with a queen-size bed. I love my space. I had pictures of Stephanie and Carol in my room, one of Stephanie and Carol on my nightstand and one of all three of us on the wall in front of bed. I had a small cork board that I put assignments up on it, phone numbers, and my favorite calendar with wall the holidays and special events on it. I even had a small T.V on my dresser. I had green shutters on my two windows. Of course Stephanie and Carol and told me to add some pink so I put a picture of a pink flower on my dresser. I didn’t want them to feel bad. I even had a green cushion in the corner with a pink, fuzzy pillow on it. I think that’s enough pink for me!

Once we were inside we dropped our bags onto my couch and headed up the stairs and into my room. Once inside I shut the door and Stephanie was already sprawled across my bed.

“I’ve been so tired lately,” Stephanie said.

“So have I,” Carol said.

“Have you guys been chatting with each other on the internet?” I asked glaring at them. There was a long silence. “So that’s why you guys failed the biology test!” I yelled accusingly and pointed my finger at them.

“I give in,” Carol said. “Yes, that’s it.”

“Carol!” Stephanie yelled. “You promised to keep it a secret!”

“A-hah!” I yelled pointing my finger at Stephanie. “You started it and made her keep it a secret, and you lied to me!” Stephanie sighed. “So, back to studying,” I said calmed down from yelling and pointing fingers, rudely.

“Who says we’re studying,” Stephanie and Carol said. I sighed and gave up.

“Fine, just this night though,” I gave in., “One night of fun.”

“Yay!” they cheered. “F-U-N, that spells fun!” They did little cheer motions and happy dances. I laughed and turned on the music. We did have a lot of fun, but we didn’t notice that someone was secretly watching us…, from up close.


The author's comments:
Here's another one!!! Sorry it took so dang long to put out the other one!!! Hope ya like it!