West Side Story (Hollywood version) Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

West Side Story (Hollywood version) Chapter 1

May 10, 2009
By *LunaNight* GOLD, Staten Island, New York
*LunaNight* GOLD, Staten Island, New York
12 articles 0 photos 46 comments

It was all gone. My bed, my home, my life. Blown away like the debris in a tornado. While watching the movies load the rest of our stuff in the car, I gave dad the silent treatment. He was stupid enough to put all of our money (Bills, College Money, even cash for Milk!) on that dumb stock which ended up crashing. Burning to the ground. Now, our Malibu Mansion is being sold to one of Trump’s friends, and we have to move to the east side of California. The poor side. The dangerous side. Where I have to go to school with kids who wouldn’t know the difference between Fendi or Fubu. Teens who get high during school, and bring guns in on a daily basis. Daddy said he was sorry, but I just couldn’t listen. He not only emptied out our bank account, but gone went his reputation, he lost his job, ruined my life, and managed to do this all in a week. Driving away, watching my home grow smaller and smaller, I cursed my dad in my mind for having his only daughter go through a worse punishment than Chinese Water Torture.


The author's comments:
i got the inspiration from my best friend kay. this was her idea, i just happened to put it down on paper.... i love you kay!!!