Time Shifter | Teen Ink

Time Shifter

By Kageyama22 BRONZE, Melbourne, Other
Kageyama22 BRONZE, Melbourne, Other

The branches are the embroidery of this door, that twirls. Slides and opens to another world. Another world that could only be the key to this world as this is nothing better than the breeze of these trunks. Tree trunks like seashells that opens this embroidery of these branches that creates an echo of the bustling wind. It sinks. The sound sinks. Into me. Into the ground like hand cream on a dry skin.

Smooth and fragrant. Round and delicious like the turkey on Christmas Day or like the lips on my lover’s face. That I kiss and wake up to her dragging me to a table of poets, writers and lovers that sit at a gold, wooden table with food that only dreams could make. Talking in the aura of the lanterns and fairy lights across the table and the opulent celling that stretches as far as the eye could see. As I give a formal introduction to our fellow Americans,  I sit down on the embroidered chair with Branches.

It spins and takes me back to the sky and the door however my distance lengthens as I fall backwards. Screaming while my arms becoming jelly, flickering in the wind like a flag. Giving a vibrato to my outcry as I plunge into deep, salty water. Sea water that is as blue as the sky on a sunny day. Bright with pigments of white. Muting my voice in this explosion of waves. Dragging me back and forth as my eyes stay glossy and still. These waves keep on popping. Violently and consistent. Launching me into the air with pressure that breaks the wallpapers, of my friends at the table, of this boxed ocean, of the door with its tree trunks and branches, defending itself for my arrival but I have prepared for the worst and speed towards it.  Snapping the branches that stung like broken glass on a hot summer’s day. Burning my arms as the sensation of the air conditioner lingers on my radioactive skin. Filled with salt, lights and branches of glass however I sit there. Breathe. Waiting for something else to happen.

Silence.

Thinking, missing my lover with the thirst for her care, that expressed her soft touch and voice until I hear thick footsteps as I jolt. Frantically looking around, in circles. Protecting my left arm with my eyes wide open. Lost in the invisible maze as there was no on else around. Creating  weight to the cold air as I stare. Leaving my eyes dry as a summers desert, that are red and bizarre. With cherry rivers that streams to the corner of my eye and overflows like the tears on my face. As I suddenly stand still, with my jaw dropped open. A hand was placed on my shoulder. I didn’t flinch. I just stood. A man’s hand was placed. Warm and recognisable. Something I’ll never forget as he spins me around towards him, he looks with a smile and pink, rosy cheeks that reminded me of her.

I collapse onto him and we sit together. He hugs me as I cry. Leaving my baggage behind in the darkness as I sleep like I have never slept before. With a smile across my face, in the arms of a man, that I have known for two years. He is my one and only lover.

Yet again another romantic piece where the speaker is trying to find comfort, warmth in someone else. A romantic piece that erupts with creative scenarios.

I hope you enjoy this one!

Kageyama22