That One | Teen Ink

That One

By kisabel BRONZE, Hemet, California
kisabel BRONZE, Hemet, California

Everyone has that one person.

That one person when you can be themselves, with every single speck of their personality: from your quirky laugh, to your dorky jokes, to your sometimes annoying clinginess.

That one person that you just adore completely, from head to toe. Everything about them makes you go crazy: the way their hair is parted, the way they laugh when they’re around you, the way their hugs can change any bad day around, the way they smile at you, the way they hold your hand to the way they give you confidence when you’re falling apart.

It’s easy to say you’re in love, but it’s difficult and contratrious to say you’re in love with the right person.

I can say I’m in love with you, even if I don’t know what love is, I can feel it, when I’m embraced in your warm, comforting hug, when I’m around you laughing until my sides hurt, when I’m around you pinching your face and repeating myself “You’re so handsome, so adorable, so smart,” and even when I’m around you doing absolutely nothing but sitting in silence I can still feel it.

What did I do to deserve someone like you? Someone who is you? Boy, if I knew the answer I’d say it.

I’m with someone as amazing as you, I’m with you. I can’t express how incredible it feels to be able to have someone to tell everything to, to let them know everything. How incredible it is to have someone who is there to help you with everything, from my unstable mental breakdowns, to my uncontrollable thoughts, and anything as simple as chemistry or math.

Everyday, I’m greeted by the smiling boy who hugs me from behind every single morning. Everyday it gets better, seeing your amazing smile that I could never get tired of. Your laugh is an amazing sound to hear all by itself, it instantaneously makes my day better, makes me motivated to make my day better. Everytime I look at you, I can’t help but think to myself how lucky I am, that I get to share my life with someone so perfect. Everytime I look at you or even think about you, I can’t help myself from loving you even more. “You’re mine, only mine,” that’s something I could never get tired of saying. While I’m here lost in awe over you, there are the others.

Now, while people look at us, with remarks and snickers on their face that say, “They aren’t going to last,” or, “He’s too good for her,” or, “They don’t even know anything about love,” we still stand strong together, because we have each other to lean on. While our “friends” made rumors and whispered with glances that seemed to scream, “We don’t support you two!” we still stuck together. We put the effort in, we lost friends along the way who turned out to be back-stabbers in disguise, silently creeping up behind us in the midst of everything, we put the time in, and we put our feelings in.

Through all the negativity, we made it work, we made us happen, we made ourselves happy, because you’re my one person. That one person when I can be myself, with every single speck of my personality: from my quirky laugh, to my dorky jokes, to my sometimes annoying clinginess, everything. That one person who is my everything, my world, my universe with all the stars and planets, everything, absolutely everything.