The Little Believer | Teen Ink

The Little Believer

By maci. SILVER, Chickasha, Oklahoma
maci. SILVER, Chickasha, Oklahoma

Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.

Dear God,
Are you really there? Can you hear me? I have so much to tell you, thank you for, ask, and apologize for. Well for starters, I’m sorry for taking that dollar out of momma’s purse. I just wanted a pop. Did you know that school isn’t that bad after all? Also, I figured out that hot dogs aren’t really made out of dogs! I tried my first one today and it’s pretty good. Anyway, thanks a lot of everything. Even though I can’t see, hear, or touch you momma says you’re still there and you care a lot. She said we should go through life believing that you are there and die to find out that you aren’t then to go through life thinking you aren’t then find out that you are. Momma is always right, so I decided to take her side. Do I really have a guardian angel? Does she really protect me from everything? Well, I guess it’s true, ‘cause my cancer hasn’t taken my life yet. The doctors are shocked about it. They say I only have a matter of time left. They asked me what I wanted from the Make a Wish Foundation, but they said I couldn’t have what I wanted from them. All I asked for was to meet you and be with you in heaven. So they told me to pick something else. So I told them that I wanted to be baptized. Guess what God! They did! I got a certificate and everything for it too! Momma was smiling like crazy and started crying, but I’m not real sure why though. I can’t wait until I meet you in person! I’m so excited! The doctor asked me why I wanted to meet you so bad and what I wanted most in life. I simply told him, you made everything, you are always there with us, and you’re constantly protecting us. He smiled and repeated the second question. I thought for a moment then told him, meeting you and my guardian angel. Then he asked if I thought I would make it much longer. I told hime that in the bible Jesus says that if we believe we can do all things through God no matter what. He smiled again then left. Well God, the doctor says I need to go in for more treatments so I got a go. But, I’ll be back later!

I close the note my little boy had written as a tear slid down my cheek. I looked at everyone at the funeral. Even his doctors and nurses had come. They said no one had inspired them or made such an impact like my little boy Carter did. Soon the funeral is over and I rush home. I sit in his room crying. “Thank you God. I know he’s finally had his wish come true. Please tell him I love him,” I tell you. My little boy is gone, but his spirit still carries us through. Reminding us to never doubt God, that we are always cared for and protected.

on Apr. 17 2009 at 4:15 am
that was so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad that you r expresing your faith thorugh writing, I try to do the same thing. Thst was awesome and soulfull. God bless.