Mirrors | Teen Ink

Mirrors

By Breakfastfoods BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida
Breakfastfoods BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida

I looked towards the mirror scared of what might lunge out at me in the dark.I couldnt move I was too scared of what was lurking on the other side.I was scared of what could come behind me and grab me at any second.I was scared that someone could walk in at any minute and see me here.....crying clothes scattered,makeup thrown about, several computers some smashed, recording or on youtube hoping to connect with people that I considered people for the longest time people that Iwanted to be like for most of the time: social, happy....., beautiful. Everything I wanted to be but couldnt because no one listened when I spoke to them. I fell back onto the cold wall ,but intead of seeing cold bloodied hands I saw ones that were soft and warm and I could hear the person on the other side whisper to me the sweetest line "Im here and I will always be here living in you". I then felt a  heartening warmth almost like magic as I said "Youre here" From then on everytime I looked in the mirror I felt someone there with me, Apart of me that never will leave.

I had alot of tough times in middle school were my mom suggested homeschooling but over the summer and during my first year in highschool i felt way better because i had friends that cared about me. i realise that im a better person for not getting into homeschooling